Controlling Foscam Camera Functions from ISY?

klebel

Folks I'm finding that stusviews link above to "here's an example" results in an http "404" error".  Looked like a good resource - is this or something like it available elsewhere?

Thanks, I've updated the link.

Thanks cowinger - you are way better than I in finding these things. 

The setScheduleRecordConfig that you suggested is not quite what I was hoping for.  Nor was I able to find the command I need in those newer pdf files.

What I'm effectively trying to do is "press" the Record button seen on the Live Video web page.  With my ISY994i I am sensing events where I want to record video on the Foscam camera.  So when such an event is triggered, I want to send a manual Record command to the camera for a recording to occur immediately at that moment.  I suppose I could use setScheduleRecordConfig to schedule a recording to occur at that moment, doing a painful calculation for the scheduleN parameter, and then delete that scheduled record when I'm done, and I guess I'll do that if there's no better way.  But since there's the command snapPicture (which manually snaps a picture) I would have thought there'd be commands perhaps like "startRecordVideo" and "stopRecordVideo" or something like that which simply causes a manual recording to start and stop.  Very strange that they would not include something like that.

Is easy to do.  Use setScheduleRecordConfig.  isEnable=1.  For schedul0 thru schedule6, set each of these =281474976710655.  This will start the recording immediately.  To stop recording, network resource using setScheduleRecordConfig, only use isEnable=0.  I use these 2 resources on multiple Foscam cameras/models without a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Asking for specific help with cameras.  I have the Network Resource Module but I am clueless regarding how to control a Smarthome camera.  I found from this forum that I should try my commands in my browser before trying the address in the Network Resource Module.  But I have tried numerous combinations but always get the message that the address is not found.  I have researched this forum and the web and the information that Stusviews provided on the Foscam camera.  But have not been successful.

I probably am being pretty brazen in asking for the forum's help but I honestly am at a point where I don’t know where else to go.  This forum has a lot of information but I am just inexperienced enough that I cannot fill in the blanks to get the URL to work.

What I want to do is have an ISY program point my cameras to the wall when we are home.  Right now, I just have them switch off when we are home but I feel this will cause them to fail with these numerous power changes.  My cameras are all wireless and I am able to connect to them using an app on my IPAD when we are either home or when we are away.

If I provide sample credentials, could someone build me a URL using this information.  I have made numerous attempts to get the URL to work in my Firefox browser but have had no luck.

Here are my sample credentials:

Lan address - 192.168.1.6

Port – 9200

Camera Credentials

Username – Duck225

Password – Chicken193

I want to have my camera move to Preset 2 which, if I understand from a contribution to the forum, is command number 32.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

I think this will get you what you want:

Position 1:

http://192.168.1.6:80/decoder_control.cgi?command=31&user=Duck225&pwd=Chicken193
Position 2:
http://192.168.1.6:80/decoder_control.cgi?command=33&user=Duck225&pwd=Chicken193

To create an ISY network resource for preset 2:

http GET

Host = 192.168.1.6

Port = 80

Path = /decoder_control.cgi?command=33&user=Duck225&pwd=Chicken193

Timeout = 500

As a picture: post-4425-0-03134800-1485225386_thumb.jpg

These work for my SmartHome 75790 camera (really a Foscam) running:

Device Firmware Version 11.37.2.59

Device Embeded Web UI Version 2.1.10.9

PurdueGuy and I think fellow Engineer

Thank you for your response.  Worked perfectly in my browser and I entered the address in the Network Resource Module.  I now need to read some more to understand how to call it in a program. 

Thanks again.  I can't count how many hours I put into finding out how to do this without success. 

PurdueGuy and I think fellow Engineer

Thank you for your response.  Worked perfectly in my browser and I entered the address in the Network Resource Module.  I now need to read some more to understand how to call it in a program. 

Thanks again.  I can't count how many hours I put into finding out how to do this without success. 

Yes I'm an engineer!

And there seems to be a discrepancy with the command numbers.  I have found different sources with different values.

Trial and error, unfortunately.

You'll be happy with V5, you can have a node server to control all these.  :-)

Archived