Do I have 2 problems?

Marc44

As luck would have it, it seems like my PLM died while I was out of town last week, I guess I should feel lucky that I got 3 1/2 years out of this one. Anyway, after some quick troubleshooting, googling and reading this site I just ordered another PLM.

Now that I've had some time to dig in to the issue a bit, I'm sure it is the PLM, --BUT-- ... I also noticed that all of my programs are gone, yup, all of them, even the AutoADR program, just a blank list. All other configuration looks fine as far as I can remember, but not a single program.

The only additional troubleshooting step I took (besides PLM and ISY reboot) was to re-seat the SD Card, I did receive a few error pop ups with messages like "could not open file /config/insteng.opt and /config/portals.psf" {see image} those did not occur after the SD card re-seat.

One other strange thing .. I did not get the "Safe Mode" pop up until after the SD Card re-seat.

So ... is this expected with a bad PLM? or is there another problem?

Thanks!

post-7868-0-82722500-1460420969_thumb.png

If the ISY is coming up in the safe mode then it's unable to communicate with the PLM. You can try removing power from both the PLM and the ISY, then power up the PLM wait about 15 seconds then power up the ISY.

If you're still in the safe mode then it's time to replace the PLM.

Regarding the SD card I had a similar problem, reseating the card resolved it.

Are you now able to see all your programs?

Even if the power cycle. Fixes the no PLM found. It most likely will fail again in a short time period. If the PLM is not a recent one that just got locked up.

When mine went bad. After a power cycle. It worked maybe twenty four hours before dying for good.

I received the new PLM today, simply restarting the ISY with the new PLM attached and powered on restored all of my programs (or restored them to the view).

I followed the restore PLM steps from Here http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:File_Menu#Replace_Modem_.28PLM.29

Everything is back to normal.

Thanks for the help!

Glad to hear all your problems went away.

What is the firmware, hardware and date code on the PLM?  This is a new batch that Smarthome just received.

s

Glad to hear all your problems went away.

What is the firmware, hardware and date code on the PLM?  This is a new batch that Smarthome just received.

I ordered from Amazon (love that Prime shipping)

Sticker on the back lists 

2413S

V2.2

Which means the 11th week of 2016 correct? If so seems fairly recent.

s

I ordered from Amazon (love that Prime shipping)

Sticker on the back lists 

2413S

V2.2

Which means the 11th week of 2016 correct? If so seems fairly recent.

You're correct on the date. v2.2 is the hardware version.

What's the firmware version, you'll find that in the admin console under Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Info/Status 

Archived