IsY down ?

dvial_24

From what I can tell ISY isn't seen on your network.  You seem to have subnet address' of  224.0.0 (x) while your main network is 192.168.1.(x)

I'm trying for understand what the other devices are that are connected to your network.

No matter though.. either ISY isn't communicating on the network or it's behind one of the subnets.

Jon...

Thanks Jon.

Here the screen, I do not see 00:21....

Do that on the router. It won't show up on your PC unless you have successfully communicated with it first.

The browser discovery has long since stopped working - browsers simply don't work with Java anymore.

224. Addresses are multicast addresses. Typically not assigned to devices.

Does your router have a web page where you can look at the dhcp assignments?

Edit: Now I'm at a real keyboard....

'arp -a' only displays the ARP cache for devices your computer has successfully communicated with. However, this is useful because of your statement that you only have a router, a tablet, your computer and the ISY.

Your routers IP address is 192.168.1.1

Your computers address is 192.168.1.103

Chances are your DHCP range starts at 192.168.1.100 and goes up from there.

So, try:

ping 192.168.1.100

ping 192.168.1.101

ping 192.168.1.102

then

arp -a

and post the response to all.... one should be the ISY, another your tablet (may be sleeping) - and the third will not respond. The 'arp -a' will then list the mac addresses, and we'll be able to tell which one is your ISY.

Michael.

Here the results : ping 192.168.1.1xx & arp -a for each (my router range is 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.120)

It is strange because the the programs run normally.

3c-33... is my router

78-4b ... a cam

b4-3a ... tablet

It is strange because the 192.168.1.101 is not the same in the router.

post-165-0-22680200-1462742624_thumb.jpg

post-165-0-28501700-1462743099_thumb.jpg

Is it possible to have 2 ip addresses.

I scanned my network with my tablet & I have this result :

192.168.1.104 (192.168.1.103)

Mac : 00.26.b9.81..... (Jon you said that 00.26.b9... is ISY)

Name : Prevost PC

Prevost (192.168.1.1)

Mac : b4.3a....

Name : D-Link

My Tablet (192.168.1.113)

Mac : 08.fd....

Name : Galaxy Tab S

Is it possible to have 2 ip addresses.

I scanned my network with my tablet & I have this result :

192.168.1.104 (192.168.1.103)

Mac : 00.26.b9.81..... (Jon you said that 00.26.b9... is ISY)

It's not possible for two devices to share the same IP.

00:21:B9 <<-- see Wiki

Accessing the router's lan table should be your easiest and most reliable method for finding ISY and if it doesn't show there I don't think ISY then is communicating with it.

Are you certain the ethernet cable connecting ISY and the router is good?   Looking at where the cable connects to ISY and the router do you see green blinking LED lights?  I might reseat each connection?

Jon...

So, in one screenshot it's indicated that your Windows machine has 192.168.1.103, in another the MAC address associated with ISY shows with the same IP.

It can happen that you have two machines with the same IP - and if that happens generally one will be inaccessible. For instance, if ISY got 192.168.1.103 from DHCP, but you set your Windows PC statically to 192.168.1.103 as well. ISY would be inaccessible in this case. Also, the other way around. Or if both are statically set to the same.

I'd like to see the result of 'ipconfig /all' on your Windows PC to see how it's configured - and we can go from there.

Also, as above the Wiki say that UDIs MAC addresses behind 00:21:B9. I don't see that yet in the screenshots provided. If you power cycle ISY then check the routers 'LAN Computers' list see if it shows up. It may only be there for a couple of minutes after rebooting ISY.

French is fine (for Windows Admin). Over the years, I've had to get used to it.

This confirms the 00:26:B9 MAC is your PC, and its a DHCP assigned address of 192.168.1.103.

Let's try power cycling the ISY and refreshing the 'LAN Computers' screen to see if a device with a MAC starting with 00:21:B9 shows up.

If it dosn't, then either the ISY is statically assigned an address that's inconsistent with the 192.168.1.0/24 network your router is on (unlikely, since you said you reset ISY to defaults).

Since the ISY is indicating a network link, the only other possibility is a bad network port on your switch.

You might have to get a USB cable to connect the ISY console to your windows system. If you do this, we can get details of the network config, as well as confirm the ISY itself is functioning.

To confirm the network link, directly under the network connection there are two green LEDs. The one to the left is 'Link', the one to the right is 'Activity' (they are not labeled). Are either lit? (Especially link)

Also, if you want to get the console connected, you'll need a mini-usb cable. You connect the 'Monitor' connection to your PC and install the serial port driver. Then use a program like PuTTY to connect to the virtual COM port.

Good morning,

Everything is ok. I do not know exactly what I did but now it is ok.

I changed the router, cables, reseted isy, ...

But I have the same old problem, I can not enable internet access. I will chek it this week.

Thank everybody for your help.

Good morning,

Everything is ok. I do not know exactly what I did but now it is ok.

I changed the router, cables, reseted isy, ...

But I have the same old problem, I can not enable internet access. I will chek it this week.

Thank everybody for your help.

You need to edit the setup in your router, adding an IP address reservation for the ISY's mac address. This way ISY always gets the same IP address. Then you need to enable DHCP in your ISY

Now in your router you need to configure a port forward ttable entry. This is a conversion from an outside your LAN port address, to an inside your LAN IP address and port address that your ISY will always be found at.

So when a remote app, like MobiLin,c calls your home IP address (router external) with the port that you have forwarded, you router will now convert that IP and port address to ISY's internal address on your LAN.

Now you are talking through your router with the firewall hole you just punched with the port forwarding feature in your router?

Clear as mud?

So if your ISP's DHCP server  has issued your router an IP address of say 187.128.56.19

and you ISY has been assigned the IP address of say 192.168.0.101 by your router's DHCP server, and you haven't changed the default port of the ISY from 80.

You would set up a router port forward of say port external port 443 to 192.168.0.101, port 80  internal. (your ISP 187.128.58.19 is assumed or it wouldn't get to your router)

Now when somebody anywhere in thw worlds uses this URL https://187.128.56.19:443 (note "s"), you router will convert it to 192.168.0.101:80 on your LAN and your ISY will answer.

Username and password required still.

Archived