FullPageOS Automatically Boots Your Raspberry Pi Into a Full Page Web Kiosk Mode

Scottmichaelj

Do you know anything about who made the OS? I don't think I would trust a random OS image personally, then again I do a lot more on my Pi than just a display. Nothing that it fixes seems that hard to do anyway. Again just me.

Its an open source GITHub project so it should be just fine. I think this would make a great way to display informational data say from openHAB or the like, while still running other items on the Pi as well. I personally don't use or have a Pi, I have a Win7 PC running as a server 24/7 with AMD FX 8 Core CPU. Works perfect for my needs however its not maintenance free or low power. Honestly though I don't have issues with Win7 64Bit and crashes, my system is very stable and uptime is months. Just thought I would share with the forum here since a lot of guys run Pis.

Since it boots to chromium, its linux under there somewhere.  It looks like the applications for this are for deploying the thinnest of thin clients in an area where low power, small space, cool running and lowest of low maintenance is required.

If the pi were connected to a touch screen display, this could turn into a cheaper substitute for a tablet like wall interface... The example that comes to mind in the ISY world is a thin client HAD terminal.

Paul

Since it boots to chromium, its linux under there somewhere. It looks like the applications for this are for deploying the thinnest of thin clients in an area where low power, small space, cool running and lowest of low maintenance is required.

If the pi were connected to a touch screen display, this could turn into a cheaper substitute for a tablet like wall interface... The example that comes to mind in the ISY world is a thin client HAD terminal.

Paul

The Pi with their touchscreen could be nice but then I keep going back to the Amazon Tablet for $50 is hard price to beat. I haven't looked to see if its been rooted to put a clean Android rom on it but Im sure someone on the XDA forums are playing with or have already done it. Then you have a more versatile device.

Archived