IOLinc's losing communications

Hello everyone,

I am intermittently losing communications to 2 different IOLincs. I use one for the garage door and the other monitors the door bell. There are other devices nearby, so it is confusing as to why they stop communicating. Once, I query the devices, they link up just fine. I have moved them closer to the PLM and they also clear with no problem.  They are both on version 0.41. Please let me know if there is any further information needed. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Robert

I/O Lincs are power line only. A dual-band device or Range Extender on the same circuit as the I/O Linc(s) should help.

Robert

iolincs can be flaky. I've had to use a access point (older model of the range extender) in my garage for a iolinc. I have 2 iolincs, side by side... on occasionally 1 of them fails the 3 am query, I tried switching them around and the problem follows the iolinc.

You can do communication tests, but there are limited remedies... Like Stu suggested, I put an an access point (range extender) on the garage circuit where it had line of site with the house's dual band devices. That fixed it.

Paul

If there is no bridge, such as a pair dual-band devices on opposite legs of the split, single-phase electric or a hard wired phase-coupler (not phases), then, yes, devices on the same leg should communicate--unless the device is on a troublesome circuit.

Any dual-band device can help, most especially one that's exposed, such as a LampLinc or Range Extender, but wired in devices work, too. Sometimes a filter is needed.

Archived