Update: 1.011

James Peterson

New update is out.  No huge changes, but a few bug fixes.

- Added fanlinc support
- cleaned up some auto shorted text lengths
- increased size of toggle button
- added more icons
- updated layouts to more supported smaller layouts

- fixed an issue with billing access lost

As always post bugs to https://bitbucket.org/jamespet/agave/issues and goto http://www.agaveha.com for more information.  I am attempting to add more documentation about specific features.  

Where would you like suggestions for items to work on?

I would like to be able to drag around my favorites and re-position them, if there is a way to do that, i have not found it yet, seems to lock them in the order I added them, which means I would likely have to remove them and then re-add them to move them around.

I would like to see more of a log in communications as an option, e.g. isy contacted, negotiating, or on wifi vs 4g, stuff like that.  Helps me figure out where "my" issues are.

E.g. I just opened the app to my home page and my little 1 or l up in the corner .  I hit one of my can lights on that is a dimmer.  It moves the toggle to on, but I am still waiting after nearly 2 minutes for the dimmer slider to show that it is on and the display still shows off even with the toggle up and orange.

Alan

I would like to be able to drag around my favorites and re-position them, if there is a way to do that, i have not found it yet, seems to lock them in the order I added them, which means I would likely have to remove them and then re-add them to move them around.

I would like to see more of a log in communications as an option, e.g. isy contacted, negotiating, or on wifi vs 4g, stuff like that. Helps me figure out where "my" issues are.

E.g. I just opened the app to my home page and my little 1 or l up in the corner . I hit one of my can lights on that is a dimmer. It moves the toggle to on, but I am still waiting after nearly 2 minutes for the dimmer slider to show that it is on and the display still shows off even with the toggle up and orange.

Alan

post-3568-14662706032075_thumb.png

I would like to see more of a log in communications as an option, e.g. isy contacted, negotiating, or on wifi vs 4g, stuff like that. Helps me figure out where "my" issues are.

E.g. I just opened the app to my home page and my little 1 or l up in the corner . I hit one of my can lights on that is a dimmer. It moves the toggle to on, but I am still waiting after nearly 2 minutes for the dimmer slider to show that it is on and the display still shows off even with the toggle up and orange.

Alan

Long press on an item on the favorites screen to move it around.

The "1" in the corner means you are connected to your primary connection to your ISY. You can add two connections to your ISY plus a portal connection from within the settings. Also included in the settings is a order of selection preference . This helps if you want to change your connection priority to match your preferred setup.

As for wifi or 4g . The way Android works in general. If you have a wifi connection toon, it takes priority. The phone e will not use both at the same time without special setup or rooted capabilities.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Long press is working, must have had my tongue hanging out of my mouth wrong the first time or maybe I clicked on the button I don't know, that was intuitively how I thought it should work, maybe did not press long enough before starting to slide them around!

Does the dimmer slide not update? See attached where I have turned off the earlier can and it slider still thinks it is on.

7468490db78e08459028cbaaf1112ad7.jpg

Long press is working, must have had my tongue hanging out of my mouth wrong the first time or maybe I clicked on the button I don't know, that was intuitively how I thought it should work, maybe did not press long enough before starting to slide them around!

Does the dimmer slide not update? See attached where I have turned off the earlier can and it slider still thinks it is on.

7468490db78e08459028cbaaf1112ad7.jpg

For some reason I this the subscription notifier object is broken. Try navigation to another page and the navigate forward to the home screen again( not back button). This will recreate the home screen object. If this does not work, back all the way out of the app and exit. Restart and tell me if still failing.

Can you please explain the FanLinc support? I'm not seeing anything new.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If you have insteon fanlinc they should display correctly now. Before the only registered as a standard switch.

dd5fd57fe8ab4ec7cce305bce0ec8baa.jpg9ba2a3d8267f69078ce5eb736fe6ed6d.jpg

Got it. I see now one has to use the device for the light. Too bad a scene can't be used to do that.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

A scene can do that as well, but native support is a simpler from within the app.

307d97f2bcc0e776c15d3feb122c602f.jpg

This is the issue I have with using scenes. How can off be on at 34%? The Off scene should no be on at all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That is not really an app thing more than a calculation issue. That is tricky. You have to go into your scene details and exclude a few devices from calculation. Just exclude the keypad buttons that should not be used in the calculation. 0c294a3252d2a0bc546a21db006a1527.jpgcdbdc876494907bd1600b222e0225b51.jpg

Wow!

Background: I've been writing computer code since 1972. I've been developing backend web applications since 1996 and I've written a few mobile applications for mobile use. A year ago I started writing an application to monitor and control the ISY functions. Today I am shutting it down and throwing my full support behind Agave.

James Peterson has done a fantastic job and at this point, I can only imagine what he will do in the future. I am so impressed with his work I bought the $99 version and it's working better than I had hoped for.

Thank you James! Keep up the great work and don't stress over the comments about the pricing. 

Wow!

Background: I've been writing computer code since 1972. I've been developing backend web applications since 1996 and I've written a few mobile applications for mobile use. A year ago I started writing an application to monitor and control the ISY functions. Today I am shutting it down and throwing my full support behind Agave.

James Peterson has done a fantastic job and at this point, I can only imagine what he will do in the future. I am so impressed with his work I bought the $99 version and it's working better than I had hoped for.

Thank you James! Keep up the great work and don't stress over the comments about the pricing.

Thx for the endorsement.

Regarding buttons, is there consideration for a 'modified' arrangement?  For example, today the primary information is the status or percentage for a switch or scene.  When you have multiple buttons on a screen, you are basically seeing 'On', 'Off', etc.  Ideally, I would like to primarily see both the status and a visual (name or icon) for the affected area.  Right now, the name of the switch/scene is small in the bottom of the button.  Changing the status requires the user to touch on only a small portion of the button where there is a slider.  What about a single press on a button to toggle the state?  

As a good example... I have an 'All Off' scene.  The button usually says something like '35%'.  This means nothing to me.  I simply want to press the button and have my 'All Off' scene run.

Regarding buttons, is there consideration for a 'modified' arrangement?  For example, today the primary information is the status or percentage for a switch or scene.  When you have multiple buttons on a screen, you are basically seeing 'On', 'Off', etc.  Ideally, I would like to primarily see both the status and a visual (name or icon) for the affected area.  Right now, the name of the switch/scene is small in the bottom of the button.  Changing the status requires the user to touch on only a small portion of the button where there is a slider.  What about a single press on a button to toggle the state?  

As a good example... I have an 'All Off' scene.  The button usually says something like '35%'.  This means nothing to me.  I simply want to press the button and have my 'All Off' scene run.

moved this over here since it doesn't really have much to do with icons.

I think I have all of that unless I am misunderstanding what you are referring to.  Could you please post a screenshot of what you are discussing?  

A scene can contain from one to many different devices.  By default if any of those devices are on that are included in a calculation of the percentage of that scene being on.  Each scene does contain a toggle switch for turing them on or off.  The "All off" Scene is a default ISY scene that measure how much of your entire system, including the ISY is on.  

Archived