Keypad button to control dimming?

yaplej

I have a FanLinc and a Mini Remote 8 button keypad. Is it possible to use one button to cycle between off->25%->50%->75%->100%?

The only place that seems to work would be inside a program. A scene on the remote button seems like it can only set devices to a specific state instead of cycle through them like a dimmer.

Yeah after playing around with it thats what I determined also.

Now the logic seems pretty limited I could not figure out how to do it all withing two programs.  I wanted to have one program for "Up" and another for "Down" but with the current logic it seems like you cannot do ifelse or switch statements inside of the if/else/then enviroment.  

So I ended up with several programs to cycle through all the "Up" states and another several to cycle back through the "Down" states.  They are all triggered by the "Control" button being set to On on my keypad and its set in non-toggle mode so each button press triggers the action based on the current state.

Kind of a mess but its doing the job.  The dimming light isnt really doing much because the CFL lights that came with my new fan are not dimmable.  Ill have to get some dimmable LED lights and see if that helps.

Thanks.

if you have on/off buttons controlling a light via a scene, you should be able to "press and hold" the on button for the light to brighten, and "press and hold" off to dim. It will be in finer increments than 25/50/75/100

edit.. If its a CFL load it will be hard to impossible to know if what I suggested works

Paul

Using non-dimmable bulbs with a dimmer, in this case the light portion of the FanLinc will shorten the life of the dimmer, the load or both. That's because TRIACs dim by clipping the waveform so less voltage reaches the load. The problem is that TRIACs clip the waveform even at full brightness.

Here's how is control fan speeds with one button. I chose to duplicate the chain-pull logic, that is, if the fan is off one pull is high, the second is medium, the third is low and the fan turns off on the fourth pull. There are no Else steatments, so I left those off for brevity.

CR Fan High
If
        Control 'CR / Devices / CR KPL LR Light / CR KPLH CR Fan' is switched On
    And Status  'CR / Devices / CR FanLinc-Light 80 / CR FanLinc-Motor' is Off

Then
        Set Scene 'CR / Scenes / CR Fan-High' On

CR Fan Medium
If
    And Status  'CR / Devices / CR FanLinc-Light 80 / CR FanLinc-Motor' is High

Then
        Set Scene 'CR / Scenes / CR Fan-Medium' On

CR Fan Low
If
    And Status  'CR / Devices / CR FanLinc-Light 80 / CR FanLinc-Motor' is Med

Then
        Set Scene 'CR / Scenes / CR Fan-Low' On

CR Fan Off
If
    And Status  'CR / Devices / CR FanLinc-Light 80 / CR FanLinc-Motor' is Low

Then
        Set Scene 'CR / Scenes / CR Fan-Off' Off

Archived