Notifications

diggler

I have my front door wire with a hidden door sensor. When first installed i would get a text notification within a minute of the door opening. Latley it takes more than 5 , 10 minutes for text to come to my cell. Any ideas of what i can check

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

How are you sending notifications? Email? IFTTT? Pushover? Pushbullet? etc....?

Email can have delays - that's quite common with some providers. Same with IFTTT - usually very quick, but often delays happen. I've never had any delays with Pushover notifications though.

Michael.

Are you using the 'Default' mail server - or a custom one?

I know the recommendation is generally to set your own mail providers server in there since there are occasions when UDIs is overloaded - usually due to spammers trying to abuse it I believe.

Whenever ISY is configured to deliver SMTP mail directly to your providers SMTP ingress server, it will be *way* faster. There is no relaying involved.

If you have ISY use 'Default', or any third party SMTP server - then the mail has to be fully received, processed, queued for resending and then resent. This will always add a delay - usually only a second or two - but sometimes many seconds.

Archived