• Weather details
    • Node Server support
    • iBeacon support
    • GeoFencing
    • Tasker support
    • Other
    • Rooms
    • Widgets

Just installed the app so pretty new to its features and capabilities. Definitely what I've been looking for since switching to Android. Here are my votes for features:

1 - ability to pin a device/scene/program to the Android home screen. Looking for one button push for a small number of activities that I use regularly

2 - folders or rooms. preference is for folders fromm ISY so I don't have to implement separately in the client app. Ability to create folders in favorites on the client will also be helpful. 

3 - ability to disable the Agave service running notification (I have to disable all notifications from Agave on my Microsoft Band to keep it from continuously updating; assuming there may be some scenarios where there is an Agave notification I'd like to get on my Band)

Thanks for the great app and seeking input.

#1 and #3 should already exist. Any device, scene, or program can be added to the home screen from within the (+) Icon pressed from home screen or within the details page for each specific item.  You can go into the settings and disable the Service notification by unchecking the "Display Service Notification" checkbox.  

Folders and Rooms are worth discussing and have been on the table(ish) for a while.  There are some issues with direct folder sync between my app functionality and how the ISY displays objects.  I do however plan on implementing the "Rooms" feature with iBeacon proximity to be included.  fingers crossed.

Battery levels on zwave devices.

Ability to change temperature units.

Tasker integration

Ability to add schedules and users to locks

This one is out there; ability to create programs and variables on a tablet or mobile device.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battery levels on zwave devices.

Ability to change temperature units.

Tasker integration

Ability to add schedules and users to locks

This one is out there; ability to create programs and variables on a tablet or mobile device.

Thanks.

I really like the idea for the locks.  I have been thinking about this for a while, but have been having difficulties with how to store the data.  Since you can not get the codes off the locks the data would need to be stored on the app or on the ISY or some other external source if it this data was to be available for multiple devices or users.  

Be sure to vote on the POLL included in the first post.  This helps get a grander sense of priority for everyone without having to read through all of the posts.  Hopefully I can pick a good number of these to work on over the winter and get ready for next summer.  I don't expect all to get accomplished, but as long as there is interest in it, I will continue to work on it.  Hopefully the hard part is over.  I'm not going to lie.  It really burned me out over the last year putting it together.  

I really like the idea for the locks. I have been thinking about this for a while, but have been having difficulties with how to store the data. Since you can not get the codes off the locks the data would need to be stored on the app or on the ISY or some other external source if it this data was to be available for multiple devices or users.

Would love to see the ISY manage this so we can synchronize users and schedules across locks (I have 3)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Would love to see the ISY manage this so we can synchronize users and schedules across locks (I have 3)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I have three as well.  I developed an external perl app that I run on my mac mini that I use to update and keep all the locks in sync.  It works for now, but I would definitely like to have the ability to control the codes from the phone.  

I have three as well. I developed an external perl app that I run on my mac mini that I use to update and keep all the locks in sync. It works for now, but I would definitely like to have the ability to control the codes from the phone.

Can you share the Perl app? Until the feature is implemented ;)

• 1 month later...

I'm late to this dicussion, but want to share my needs...fwiw...

I'm looking for tasker support for ISY (which is controlling my elk m1 gold).  

The ISY Java control admin app is a pain to use, but it works.  So developing a different app that just does the same, is not that interesting (as a priority).  My real need is triggering ISY programs, scenese and devices (and ELK arm/disarm) commands from Android....I'd prefer to use tasker as the central control since I'm using it for other non-HA needs.  Putting logic and control features into Agave doesn't seem as interesting since both ISY and Tasker also have control/logic features.

So the quick and dirty feature request is to add support for android intents to Agave.  Intents that enable tasker's Autoshare plugin to send intents to Agave to do things like "run program xyz" and "device xyz on" will give me 90% of what I'm looking for.  

For example, I've got ISY programs that turn on/off lights/scenes, arm/disarm Elk, open/close garage doors, etc...  If Agave (or ISY) supported intents, then when I approach/leave my house, my phone (Tasker) can activate ISY programs/scenes previously mentioned.

If you want to be really ambitious, then a full blown plugin for tasker supporting profiles and tasks would be nice (and wouldn't require the Autoshare Tasker plugin).  This would enable better integration and 2-way communication between tasker and Agave (ISY).  However, I'm not sure this effort would be worth the time since the demand for the feature may not be out there.

So, long story short....please consider adding at a minimum an Agave intent that supports running an ISY program 

Thank you,

David.

Hi,

I posted too soon, sorry.  I now see that I can get what I want writing directly to the ISY platform using their REST api described here:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Developers:API:REST_Interface

First I familiarized myself with the api, using my browser to communicate with the ISY platform using HTTP:// commands.

Once I figured this out, then it's straightforward to use Tasker's Network HTTP Get task to communicate with the ISY controller.

This link was also helpful, especially in how to setup the network connection.

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:Networking:Tasker

So at this point, supporting intents in Agave still would be useful, especially if it can insulate from the lower level nuts and bolts of the REST api...but it's not as critical as I once thought.  

David.

• 1 month later...

The one challenge with tasker is that your username and password are not secured or masked. Unless I am missing a way of doing that. You sent the username and password in the rest http command.

This is correct. Following the Wiki, it's stored as a variable. It's 'secure' in the sense that other applications cannot access it, unless your device is rooted, or you've enabled the option in Tasker to allow external processes to access Tasker data.

To secure it in transit (the http request) - configure a trusted SSL certificate on your ISY and make sure 'allow untrusted' option is not selected in the http request.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this sounds pretty basic, but how about having the app use landscape orientation for us tablet users? Pick the orientation (landscape or portrait) by whatever orientation the device is in.

Thats coming. As soon as I finish with this last update with Elk.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived