Insteon thermostat

jwarner964

Hi All

I have installed a new thermostat, Insteon . the other one quit working the current  temp doesn't seen to be updating to the ISY, the humidity does. the house is 72 the ISY shows 74  I think I remember that it doesn't update every degree but how often should it 

Thanks

Well, that's good. Other than viewing the temperature, do you need/want to take action based on the ambient temperature?

BTW, I don't know when the thermostat updates the ISY on its own? But, programs based on temperature function correctly.

As a test, create a program that will triggers if the temperature changes one degree up or down. Email is slow, a text is better, a light turning on is best. When you get the message, observe what the ISY shows.

As a test I have a potlamp (not a grow op) over my desk that flashes every time a setpoint change is made on my thermostat to prove my stat programs are working correctly.

If you have ISY v5.xx firmware you can stuff the temperature into a variable each time it changes.

If you really want to find out you can assign 5-10 sequential variables to the task, and shift them all down one and shove the latest temperature into the top variable each time the temperature changes.

Then you will have a record of the last 5-10 temperature changes for your examination.

It's your ISY, your variables, and your time,,,play with it and have fun. costs nothing.

If

InsteonStat temp <9999

Then

var10 = var9

var9 = var8

var7 - .....

var2 = var1

var1 = InsteonStat Temp

Else

--

Archived