2477D not responding to scene

Bernman

I thought I was following the directions correctly, but my scene isn't working. The 2477D is wired as a "dummy", with the line and neutral connected, but the load (red) is not connected to the load. I have a micro on/off wired to an outdoor light.

I created a new scene, and added the 2477D, and the micro on/off, to the scene as controllers. When I turn the scene on and off, the switch does not appear to turn on. When I press the paddle on the switch, the LED's change state, but the scene is not actuated. The micro on/off works correctly within the scene. I removed both devices from the scene, and only put the 2477D switch in the scene, and it still does not work. I've tried clicking the "copy scene attributes from xxxx" button, and tried not clicking the button. I can turn the 2477D on and off from the admin console, so it does seem to be working in the network. 

There is a "membership tree" to the right side of the admin console when I check the 2477D. It shows as being a controller to the scene, and as a responder to the scene. It looks just like the other 2477D switches that work correctly.

It's been a while since I installed the rest of my network, but I do seem to remember having a similar problem with the porch lights, which have two switches, one in the garage and one by the front door. I don't remember what the problem, or the fix, was though.

Does the 2477D load wire need to be connected to work within a scene? (I don't think so) Right now, the load is not connected.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Butch

Archived