Programs/sensors No Longer Working

f.demello

Maybe I'm not doing it right but I am still getting a load count of 0 with the new PLM. Is it normal to go Tools/Diagnostics/Show Device Links and the system ask to select a device. I thought this reported all devices linked to the PLM?  Seems difficult to get every batter device into programming mode at the same time. How do I test each device individually? Thank you

This could depend on the state of the ISY and the backup you are using. If you took at backup right before swapping the PLM, then it could have backed up the bad/no link data in the PLM.

Note... the directions aren't totally clear.. you can not put all battery devices in linking mode at the same time.. they must be done one at a time. You have to be prepared to either bring them to the system you are using to do the restore, or have a 'runner' going to the right ones at the right time, or be prepared to run to each and come back. For me, with devices all over the place, this always takes time and repeating it several times.

Do you have a recent backup from before the PLM died? If so, restore that and try to Restore Modem (link a few posts up) again.

Paul

Seems like some of the sensors are working now.  I'll work on the one's not communicating. Link cont being 0 doesn't make sense though

It makes sense if the PLM is or has failed.

Do you have a recent backup from before the PLM died? If so, restore that and try to Restore Modem (link a few posts up) again.

Took awhile to figure out what was happening. The system had been stable with few changes so I wasn't taking backups constantly. Other than a recent one in Dec I have one from 2.5 years ago on a prior version 4.0.5.

Archived