2450 I/OLink Sensor Does Not Send Status

I have a 2450 I/Olink that seems to have a problem. It responds to commands from the PLM and from other devices in the scene correctly. I have set it to latched and output follows sensor. I connected the sensor inputs to a switch to test it. The relay output switches on and off when the sensor changes state as expected. Reverse trigger also works. The problem is that neither the state of the switch nor the device changes in ISY when the sensor input is used to change the output.. Is this normal or do I have a bad device?

More Information. I just noticed that the although relay changes state in response to commands to the device from ISY, it does not change state in response to the scene i.e. other devices even though ISY thinks it does.

OK I changed the 2450 to a different receptacle. It works as expected a lot of the time, but it is flakey. I suspect the problem is poor communication. This an older powerline only device. In my experience the newer dual band devices work much better. Increasing the number of retries to the PLM for the sensor device seems to help.

The I/O Linc is power line only. If it works in one place, but not another, then the best procedure is to determine what on the power line is causing the communication difficulty. A work-around is to plug a Range Extender into the I/O Linc pass-through outlet.

Archived