Anyway to monitor Doors with an ISY?

RichTJ99

Hi,

Once again, my garage door was left open & then my Homeseer server crashed. Of course the ISY was working fine so I was able to log into that.

Is there a way to monitor doors that might be open? I know SH is coming out with something soon but I hate to beta test their products.

Any ideas? As I normally use DS10A's to monitor the status. Can the ISY recieve those X10 commands?

Thanks,

Rich

Hi,

Once again, my garage door was left open & then my Homeseer server crashed. Of course the ISY was working fine so I was able to log into that.

Is there a way to monitor doors that might be open? I know SH is coming out with something soon but I hate to beta test their products.

Any ideas? As I normally use DS10A's to monitor the status. Can the ISY recieve those X10 commands?

Thanks,

Rich

Rich,

The ISY cannot directly receive the codes from the X-10 security devices (DS10A, MS10A, etc.) as they are encoded differently than regular X-10 device signals. You can use an RF receiver (such as V572RF32) which receives both types of X-10 RF signals, and translates the security signals to regular X-10 signals before placing them on the power-line, where ISY can deal with them just fine.

Can I do that with a W800?

The W800RF32 (brother to the V572RF32) does receive the security codes (as well as regular X-10 codes), but sends all codes out the serial port, rather than over the power-line. You would need a device with a serial port and the smarts to decode the signal, then communicate it to the ISY (Ethernet?).

Archived