Random Lights on/off

ISY 994i  V4.3.26

PLM V2.2

I have had two occurrences within the past week where some (but not all) of my interior lights will turn off (if on) and turn on/off (if off).  I will also lose the status of my all 2421 Triggerlinc and Water leak detector devices.  The events are quick and only happen one time per occurrence.  No other appliance, computer or other device in the house is affected when these events occur.  My system has been in place for a number of years and no changes to my lighting devices, house electrical system, appliances, etc. have been made in the past 12 months. 

My PLM status is OK.

Is there any way to determine if my problem is the ISY or PLM?  Or other cause? 

ISY 994i  V4.3.26

PLM V2.2

I have had two occurrences within the past week where some (but not all) of my interior lights will turn off (if on) and turn on/off (if off).  I will also lose the status of my all 2421 Triggerlinc and Water leak detector devices.  The events are quick and only happen one time per occurrence.  No other appliance, computer or other device in the house is affected when these events occur.  My system has been in place for a number of years and no changes to my lighting devices, house electrical system, appliances, etc. have been made in the past 12 months. 

My PLM status is OK.

Is there any way to determine if my problem is the ISY or PLM?  Or other cause? 

What is the date code on the PLM, it's possible it's starting to fail.

You should also run a diagnostics on the effected devices to see if the link tables are corrupted

Did the events you mention above show up in the ISY log?

How do you read the date code on the PLM?

The events do show up in the ISY log. 

I will test the link tables. I assume that you are speaking of the device link tables.  If yes, do I run the device ink table then select "compare"?  If there are differences in the comparison, what is the next step? 

What is being compared?  Device vs ISY? 

How do you read the date code on the PLM?

The events do show up in the ISY log. 

I will test the link tables. I assume that you are speaking of the device link tables.  If yes, do I run the device ink table then select "compare"?  If there are differences in the comparison, what is the next step? 

What is being compared?  Device vs ISY? 

If the events showed up in the ISY log then there's a good possibility that the problem isn't with the PLM

The date code on the PLM is a 4 digit number, there should also be a hardware version code, the firmware code will show up in the ISY if you click on HELP - PLM info

To run a diagnostics, right click on the device, then diagnostics, then show device link tables. After that completes click on compare. If there are any mismatches between the device links and what is stored in the ISY they will be highlighted.  

To correct a link mismatch do a RESTORE device which rewrites the link table with the data stored in the ISY.

It's not unusual for links to become corrupted due to power fails, etc.

The date code is on a paper label on the back of the PLM. You'll need to unplug the PLM to read it. Also power down the ISY when you unplug the PLM. Plug the PLM in first, wait a few seconds and then apply power to the ISY.

Regarding Techman's reply above,

1.  Is the implication that the problem is the ISY since the events were in the log?  If yes, what additional can I do to confirm the ISY as my issue?

"the firmware code will show up in the ISY if you click on HELP - PLM info"

2.  I don't see the HELP-PLM command.

The PLM is V 2.1  The code is 1543

What does the code indicate?

The PLM was manufactured in October, 2015  (the 43rd week of 2015)

Hardware version is 2.1

This version of the PLM should have the corrections that caused the earlier versions to prematurely fail.

Regarding Techman's reply above,

1.  Is the implication that the problem is the ISY since the events were in the log?  If yes, what additional can I do to confirm the ISY as my issue?

You should first run diagnostics | compare on the modules that are problematic to see if the link tables are incorrect

A mismatch usually indicates a link mismatch in the device, a restore device will correct the mismatch

flsenior

There was some type of power issue supplying the ISY.   When the ISY rebooted it determines the state of devices except battery powered devices because they are asleep.  The state of the battery devices will be posted as the battery devices are operated.

Archived