"Control" vs "Status"

sceaton

I'm making tracks setting up my ISY for the first time and have a couple of questions:

1) I don't see a place to switch between 6 and 8 button modes on a KPL. Is that change possible through ISY? Not a big deal, just thought I remembered seeing that somewhere.

2) I'm making a program to turn on a few lights an hour after sunset IF my "Away" KPL button is ON. It would make sense to me that I should be adding a condition to check the STATUS of this KPL button, but when STATUS is selected, the KPL buttons (other than the load) are not options in the drop down. If I change STATUS to CONTROL, the KPL buttons ARE options. I don't want this to wait for someone to PRESS the "away" button, I want to test whether it's on or not. Am I missing something, or is the syntax just getting in my way?

Also, maybe this is a 2.4.9 bug, but I had problems swapping a KPL. I needed to replace one, so I physically replaced it, added the new KPL to ISY, then right-clicked the old KPL and selected "Replace KPL with" and selected the NEW KPL. Nothing happened. I ended up just REMOVING the old one, relabeling the new one and adding it to the couple of scenes I'd created so far.

Cheers!

Another question ...

When making programs, such as:

If

Receive X10 House Code 'B' Unit Code '2' Command '3 - On'

Then

Set 'Cabana @ Back Office' On

Wait 5 seconds

Set 'Cabana @ Back Office' Off

Finally

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The light turns on as though a FAST ON was received.

When I select that node in "My Lighting" the Ramp Rate is set to 2 seconds. This is the "local" ramp rate, right? So shouldn't the above program fade the light up over 2 seconds?

I read that you must air-gap the switches to reset their local ramp rates. This solved my problem, and should probably be written as a

"Note: Device must be air gapped before these changes take effect"

on the node settings screen.

(I'm still in the dark about Q 2 in my first post ... any ideas here?)

Cheers!

~shawn

I read that you must air-gap the switches to reset their local ramp rates. This solved my problem, and should probably be written as a

"Note: Device must be air gapped before these changes take effect"

on the node settings screen.

(I'm still in the dark about Q 2 in my first post ... any ideas here?)

Cheers!

~shawn

Actually, when an Insteon device is just called On or Off it will change at the last ramp rate used. You will be better served to create a scene and specify the on level and ramp rate for that scene.

It is true that you have to power cycle most Insteon devices before they recognize new local settings. And there should be a pop up. Or change the light to the level you want and press the set button once. Set the level for the ramp rate and press the button twice. The KeypadLinc is the exception to the power cycle.

I reported a bug on the Replace Device function in 2.4 and it has been acknowledged.

P.S. I set most of my timers for 30 minutes BEFORE sunset (and after sunrise) so if it is a dark day the lights are on before it's really dark. Nine minute ramp rates. Probably depends on your longitude. Winter is coming :)

Rand

You mean all I have to do is flash the light off and back on after I tweak the “On Level�

Couldn’t that be built into the ISY whenever an “On Level†is changed the light gets flashed? And if there is more than one updated during a loop of changes the ones with “On Levels†changed could be flashed all together. This would make a complete solution from start to finish for setting levels with the ISY.

Archived