Outletlinc

aLf

Further exploring the 2663-222 outletlinc, I decided to try the 4-tap test this morning, as I'd read that this unit has one of the longest range, and the test doesn't time-out.

Discovered another little "gotcha" in the process. If you set the Program Lock option, to disable programming from the buttons, that also disables the 4-tap test.

There is one little bit to my espresso reminder scheme that I didn't think out fully. I will need to somehow notify the ISY that I have made espresso. I can use the Google Home Assistant for that. That's because there is no way to sense that the espresso machine has been manually turned off. (I think that is possible with the micro module, but not the outletlinc.) So, once I notify ISY that I have made espresso, it will not bug me with a reminder announcement or an announcement that the espresso is being shut off.

For safety reasons, I want to continue to use the manual switch on the machine. Otherwise, I could obviously just leave the switch on all the time, and then just switch it on with a KPL, voice command to Google Assistant, etc.

I guess I could add a SynchroLinc. But it would be a great additional feature if the outletlinc could also (with configuration) act like a synchrolinc.

My comment about the 4 tap beacon test was regarding the plugin lamp linc. I never tried the dual relay outlet to see if it timed out after four minutes. Are you saying if you initiate the beacon test from the outlet it continues to cycle with out stopping?

If so that's great to hear and will test the few I have on site to see if that's the case . . .

Archived