Echo is confused

stusviews

Echo is confused and so am I. I've used "audio light" to turn on the light for the audio rack for months. This morning the audio light was on and I couldn't control it. Instead, the room light (just called "light") controlled it. that is both the rack light and ceiling light came on and off together.

I deleted both from the Echc and also the portal, then added both back (one-at-a-time). Same result. I renamed the audio light to "rack light." That works. But, saying "audio light" still controls the ceiling light even thought "audio" is not part of the spoken.

LR Echo spokens

post-625-0-09715800-1473708415_thumb.jpg

LR Portal spokens

post-625-0-19808300-1473708620_thumb.jpg

LR Ceiling spoken

post-625-0-21746300-1473708720_thumb.jpg

I found many of the softer sylables are often not heard.

Frequently I find

"Alexa, turn on TV Lights"

....I have more than one device with that name!

Then I say the same thing again and it is no problem.

All my lights and light scene programs have "lights" as the last word.

This seems to be a big problem constantly sometimes and other days it never misses.

Environmental noise or cloud congestion?

We are getting to like

"Alexa, add cleaning compound from Canadian Tire"

and have it show up in our both our cell phone lists within a second.

I've had a bunch of hits and misses with even the location of "on" or "off" in the statement (before or after the spoken). But "audio" is now consistently ignored. It was not before a day or two or a week ago. I'm sure that change affects many.

I've had a bunch of hits and misses with even the location of "on" or "off" in the statement (before or after the spoken). But "audio" is now consistently ignored. It was not before a day or two or a week ago. I'm sure that change affects many.

So with one you find better "turn on blah blah" or turn blah blah on"? :)

Cheers,

Alex

Yes, but it's not consistent between different commands. Thus, "turn on the stereo" always works, "turn the stereo on" doesn't. The "light" works either way, so does the "rack light." I haven't paid much attention until now. If one sequence didn't work, I used the other. I'll attempt to keep track.

Archived