Keyfob for insteon? Will Elk keyfob work?

Blackbird

I have four of them and the problem I see is the lack of security. If my kid loses it anyone can use it.

Short and to the point.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

You just go into the ELKRP and delete the missing FOB. This is why you should write down who has what device. Once its deleted from the panel its no good. So your kid would have to loose it, the person who finds it has to know your address and come over before you remove the FOB to rob you. Sounds like a perfect heist. The issue becomes I guess the kid doesn't know its lost.

I get notifications for every time I arm and disarm the alarm via Pushover. You could setup a notification per FOB to say who is arming and disarming the house to keep track. Its not 100% but if you know the kids are supposed to be at school and you see it disarm you can figure out WTH is going on.

We're you referring to the Elk fob or the mini remote

What about using an IOLinc with the garage door opener to arm/disarm the garage door along with notifications and solid program? I posted instructions on another thread if you search for it.

EDIT:

Sorry that was a dumb question. You don't have an ELK and you wanted the KEYFOB to work with the ISY.

Let me step back and say depending on what you want the KEYFOB to do (using it in the car to do "X") then my IOLInc maybe a solution. Just change the instructions to run whatever program you want instead of arming/disarming the alarm.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/16092-homelink-and-isy/page-2?hl=homelink

What about using an IOLinc with the garage door opener to arm/disarm the garage door along with notifications and solid program? I posted instructions on another thread if you search for it.EDIT:Sorry that was a dumb question. You don't have an ELK and you wanted the KEYFOB to work with the ISY.Let me step back and say depending on what you want the KEYFOB to do (using it in the car to do "X") then my IOLInc maybe a solution. Just change the instructions to run whatever program you want instead of arming/disarming the alarm.http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/16092-homelink-and-isy/page-2?hl=homelink

Never knew you could. Do you mean using the garage door opener to activate insteon devices without open8ng the door?

Never knew you could. Do you mean using the garage door opener to activate insteon devices without open8ng the door?

Yup. Using those HomeLink buttons in the mirror in the car. There are usually three. You can use one for open/close then the other two to do whatever. Add some push notifications to your phone to know its been activated and your golden.

You just go into the ELKRP and delete the missing FOB. This is why you should write down who has what device. Once its deleted from the panel its no good. So your kid would have to loose it, the person who finds it has to know your address and come over before you remove the FOB to rob you. Sounds like a perfect heist. The issue becomes I guess the kid doesn't know its lost.

I get notifications for every time I arm and disarm the alarm via Pushover. You could setup a notification per FOB to say who is arming and disarming the house to keep track. Its not 100% but if you know the kids are supposed to be at school and you see it disarm you can figure out WTH is going on.

That assumes 1. I know about it in a timely manner and 2. I'm actually at a location where I can logon to the Elk.

Short and to the point.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

Yup. Using those HomeLink buttons in the mirror in the car. There are usually three. You can use one for open/close then the other two to do whatever. Add some push notifications to your phone to know its been activated and your golden.

That sounds awsome. Do you remember the title of your original post for instructions?

That sounds awsome. Do you remember the title of your original post for instructions?

Posted it above but here it is again:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/16092-homelink-and-isy/page-2?hl=homelink

Post #24 - Basically you use two IOLincs (1 per button) and link them to a garage door receiver. Maybe someone smarter than me knows how to just use one for more options. How many buttons do you need and what exactly are you trying to do? Maybe we can help you better if we know the scope of the project.

Posted it above but here it is again:

Post #24 - Basically you use two IOLincs (1 per button) and link them to a garage door receiver. Maybe someone smarter than me knows how to just use one for more options. How many buttons do you need and what exactly are you trying to do? Maybe we can help you better if we know the scope of the project.

Nothing planned just sounds like a cool idea

Archived