Anyone using Autelis Pentair Intellitouch box?

blueman2

It seems like Autelis has stopped all development for the pool product, as I rarely see anyone talk about their products anymore.  I was thinking of getting the Autelis for linking my ISY to an Intellitouch system.  Is this solution any good?  Do they even still support this product?

My personal experience with Autelis is they need to be pushed to make any changes for their wares. Its safe to say with out my direct involvement with their 1 wire hardware lots of the bugs would have remained. Most of the features it has now is because of me and trying to make the product better.

Over all they make pretty solid hardware but sadly like many small companies they never strive to do better. I can never understand how companies and customers just accept a hobbled product?!?!

Its safe to say if anyone goes to the Autelis forum you will see my name in 90% of the forum posts!

Over all they make pretty solid hardware but sadly like many small companies they never strive to do better. I can never understand how companies and customers just accept a hobbled product?!?!

Come on man, that's just not called for. This is probably a single guy selling a product to a limited few. The ROI is not there to spend eons on every feature he dreams people will like right off the start.

You said in previous posts he was very receptive to feature requests on the product you bought. How do you know he wouldn't be the same to Pentair?

I have zero affiliation to Autelis but as a developer and Engineer I take extreme offence to you generalized comment on small companies. It's unjustified and uncalled for.

I have been running their bridge on my Pentair easy touch panel for a couple of years. It works well. Nothing like setting on the patio and saying "Alexa. Turn on the waterfall"

Only issue, which I had with the Pentair ScreenLogic adapter as well was the length of the RS485 cable. I ended up mounting the Aurelius bridge and the ScreenLogic adapter in a waterproof box next to the easytouch controller

....Barry

Come on man, that's just not called for. This is probably a single guy selling a product to a limited few. The ROI is not there to spend eons on every feature he dreams people will like right off the start.

You said in previous posts he was very receptive to feature requests on the product you bought. How do you know he wouldn't be the same to Pentair?

I have zero affiliation to Autelis but as a developer and Engineer I take extreme offence to you generalized comment on small companies. It's unjustified and uncalled for.

Read what I said up above again . . . I stated he needs to be pushed to make changes to the product. Lets put some things into a perspective shall we - You have several products which you don't get paid for. You have dedicated forum here in UDI which you scan and reply to questions posed by others on a regular basis.

Your presence and updates to the product(s) have been regular and advanced the consumer at every turn. 

Since this forum has been created for Autelis please show me a recent post from the vendor?? Show me one feature he has included into the 1 wire system with out being asked for??

You wont . . .

See the difference?

Why you would take offence to my comment which so happens to be true and based on fact I can't understand. Regardless, my comments were specific to the 1 wire system which had been in production for more than five years. Until I came along the second generation product still had the same bugs as the first.

Don't tell me it took a freaking genius to figure out there were problems with the system! The reality is the people buying the 1 wire product fell below common standards that is a fact.

What does that mean??

It means anyone who accepts a product with web pages that half loads or rendered complete garbage is dumb. Now, whether Autelis is going to update the controllers in question highly depends upon some random person taking the time to ask!

I would go so far as someone who has some common sense and is willing to push the vendor to advance the product which only benefits them in the long run! Bottom line Autelis has sold more 1 wire systems because of me and my forum posts in one year than he has in five.

Now take your extreme offence and chew on that for awhile . . .

You were ranting on a product you don't own (this initial topic question) and generalizing on "many small companies", there's no other way to read it.  You also have no insight on how many of their product exist - although I'm sure forum posts are a true measure of that.  Anyways, I'm not getting involved in another of your rants.  Your posts are progressively getting longer with more negative rants.

Here's what I will do though, since I appreciate your insight and "chews" so much...

I promise to never read another topic you're involved in, and to delete any new post I see from you in my subforum.

Cheers.

You were ranting on a product you don't own (this initial topic question) and generalizing on "many small companies", there's no other way to read it.  You also have no insight on how many of their product exist - although I'm sure forum posts are a true measure of that.  Anyways, I'm not getting involved in another of your rants.  Your posts are progressively getting longer with more negative rants.

Here's what I will do though, since I appreciate your insight and "chews" so much...

I promise to never read another topic you're involved in, and to delete any new post I see from you in my subforum.

Cheers.

Thank God . .  .

Come on guys. We all had differing opinions. Let's not take it so personally. A lot of us here can be described as a PITA and I admit in can be a huge ice-hole. Let's try to play nice and not let our opinions overtake our goals.

Short and to the point.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

Doesn't this forum have a block user function?

I had to block an annoying person in another forum that was always responding with personal attacks.

If somebody doesn't like to see what they consider over expressed opinions they can surely use the forum block feature instead of trying to involve the whole membership and disrupting everybody else.

These thing tend to escalate and can destroy forums functionality when a simple solution is available on a personal level if one has the fortitude to actually use it.

Most can't close their eyes to things they don't like for fear they will not see it. This is usually an indication of a problem at that end and needs to be considered by that person mostly.

• 9 months later...

Greetings!

I am a newcomer and it seems to me that everyone should be grateful for Teken's efforts.

Thinking about buying the Autelis Pentair Intellitouch box today but I would not have done so had it not been for reading his posts.

I just bought one too but won't be able to install it or my new Intellitouch for a few weeks. Need to build a retaining wall and new pool shed first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I randomly discovered a new firmware 1.6.7 (released Jun 20, 2017) is available: http://www.autelis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=547

or http://www.autelis.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pool_Control_for_Pentair_Intellitouch

Sounds like it might address a communication problem I was having that I originally solved by changing my program to repeat after 17 seconds until the state actually changed. 

Archived