Java and Windows 10

Techman

I just updated to the latest Java 8 release 111 on a Windows 10 machine.  After clearing the Java cache and applications I downloaded the Java applet but could not get an Icon to appear on my desktop.  I had to uninstall Java and reinstall and then was able to get the admin icon.

I'm running this application in the Windows XP compatibility mode due to the high screen resolution in windows 10 which makes the admin console fonts small and unreadable

However I'm now getting a User Account Control pop up window each time I run the admin console. What do I need in order to bypass this window.

The account control windows doesn't pop up if I run the admin console in the native windows 10 mode

I just updated to the latest Java 8 release 111 on a Windows 10 machine. After clearing the Java cache and applications I downloaded the Java applet but could not get an Icon to appear on my desktop. I had to uninstall Java and reinstall and then was able to get the admin icon.

I'm running this application in the Windows XP compatibility mode due to the high screen resolution in windows 10 which makes the admin console fonts small and unreadable

However I'm now getting a User Account Control pop up window each time I run the admin console. What do I need in order to bypass this window.

The account control windows doesn't pop up if I run the admin console in the native windows 10 mode

You need to go into your control panel and the win firewall, plus the java console and tell them that ISY and it's IP are OK and not trying to hack out of your computer into the real world, or into you bank account. :)

By the time win 15 comes out the virus problems will be solved by not allowing us to turn our computer on. It will only be for privileged super users that sign an affidavidt first.

However I'm now getting a User Account Control pop up window each time I run the admin console. What do I need in order to bypass this window.

Did you also check "Run As Administrator" when you enabled compatibility mode?

Yes, but it had no effect

Checking that box is why you are getting the User Account Control popup. Try unchecking it.

Checking that box is why you are getting the User Account Control popup. Try unchecking it.

Unchecking the "run as administrator" box had no effect, I still get the Account user popup window when I run the admin shortcut.

I wonder if they changed / enhanced Java security in the recent release.

I wonder if they changed / enhanced Java security in the recent release.

Nope. Not possible. Java apps wouldn't run in an enterprise environment where the users are not administrators if that were the case.

Archived