Replaced PLM, now having communication issues.

A few weeks ago, I had to replace my PLM.   Now I’m having communication issues with several devices.  For example, if I turn a light on via RemoteLinc, the UD Console does not change.  But if I “query” the light via the Console, it then changes to “on”.  If I try to change it via the Console, I  sometimes get “failed communicating with….” And the light icon changes to “!”.  I can then query it via the console and everything clears up.   This happens with several lights (using 2477D, 2477H, 2477S).

The same thing happens when I turn the light on using the 2477D wall switch.

So clearly, ISY can see the 2477D.

Did I miss something when I replaced my PLM?

BTW, I have 25 – 30 Insteon devices and ISY994i installed.

A few weeks ago, I had to replace my PLM.   Now I’m having communication issues with several devices.  For example, if I turn a light on via RemoteLinc, the UD Console does not change.  But if I “query” the light via the Console, it then changes to “on”.  If I try to change it via the Console, I  sometimes get “failed communicating with….” And the light icon changes to “!”.  I can then query it via the console and everything clears up.   This happens with several lights (using 2477D, 2477H, 2477S).

The same thing happens when I turn the light on using the 2477D wall switch.

So clearly, ISY can see the 2477D.

Did I miss something when I replaced my PLM?

BTW, I have 25 – 30 Insteon devices and ISY994i installed.

Right click on the modules you're having an issue with then click on restore device. That will rewrite the link tables. It's possible some of the links didn't get correctly written into the new PLM

Did that fix the problem?

I'm having trouble with a RemoteLinc 2 controlling a specific 2477S.  My other remotes work fine with this 2477.  Also, other buttons on the RemoteLink2 work fine controlling a 2477D.   The RL2 blinks green, then a few seconds later blinks red for about 10 seconds.  

When you replace a PLM each battery operated device needs to be put into the linking mode, one at a time, in order for the new PLM links to be written.

Hold down the set button on the RL2 until the green led flashes then right click on the device name in the ISY and click on restore device.

Archived