Part of program stop working when i work in other program

djboombox

Hi "ISY" friends :-)

I have a problem with the "program" part of my isy994i.

This happen couple time since i have my system (around 1 year) but I thought i was the wrongdoer, but now I know it is not me.

When I update a program ans save it, for any reason, one or many part in one program or in many programs that are not link with my change for any reason, stop working partially or totally.

EG: Yesterday, I update my leak sensor program (add to make 3 lights flash 3 times when I am in my house).

So I add those lines to an existing program.

I saved it.

I tested it (that program work well before the add and also with the new add)

because I now it happen, I decide to test few others programs to make sure they are still working well.

I test the program that make my light goes off and my door lock when I quit the house. (as you can see no link with my leak sensor).

It close my light but won't lock my door anymore.

I have another program that I call when I go to bed. This one close my lights and lock my door. (I know it does the same as the other one that is mention above but I need it ...) And that program close my light and still lock my door.

I test another program. When I come home 2 lights in a scene open when it is the night. 1 of those light will close after 5 minutes. But now, after my update of my leak sensor program, it won't close the light after 5 minutes but the rest of the program is ok !

Another program (let name it "A") suppose to run the "else" part of another program (let name it "B"). By this I should see the other program (B) in "False" status. So that part of the program not work in the "A" program. BUT if I right click on the program (B) and choose "run else" the status change of the program (B)

In the past and also today I did those things (below) with sometime success (in part) sometimes it change nothing:

- Reboot Isy

- Try to copy the program, delete the old one and rename the copy same as the original.

- Try to remove the line in the program, update, save it and recreate the line.

I am not feel secure with that system because each time I touch something it as a possibility to destroy totally or in part others stuffs.

Have you seen that in your "isy" life ?

Thank you guys :-)

DjBoomBoX

Hi :-)

Ok. Heres one example of what is describe above.

For locking my door:

This one work:

Bonne nuit - [iD 0008][Parent 0026]

If
        Control 'Lum. / Lum. int. / Keypad palier B (Bonne nuit)' is switched On
     Or Control 'Telec. chambre des maitres / Telec. A1- D' is switched On
     Or Control 'Telec. chambre des maitres / Telec. A2 - D' is switched On

Then
        Set 'Porte / Porte avant - On' Lock Door

Wait  1 minute
        Set Scene 'Lum. / Lum. int. / Lumieres interieures' Off
        Set 'Lum. / Lum. int. / Lum. palier (cuisine)' Off
        Set 'Lum. / Lum. int. / Lum. salon (palier)' Off
        Set Scene 'Keypad palier B (Bonne nuit)' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this one doesn't work: 

Sortie - [iD 0021][Parent 001B]

If
        Control 'Entree - Sortie / Keypad palier A25 (Sortie)' is switched On

Then
        Set Scene 'Entree - Sortie / Keypad palier A22 (Entree)' Off
        Run Program 'entree' (Else Path)
        Wait  1 minute
        Set Scene 'Lum. / Lum. int. / Lumieres interieures' Off
        Set 'Lum. / Lum. int. / Lum. palier (cuisine)' Off
        Set 'Lum. / Lum. int. / Lum. salon (palier)' Off
        Wait  1 minute
        Set 'Porte / Porte avant - On' Lock Door

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voilà !

DjBoomBoX

While it sounds quite unlikely, if copying/editing programs reliably fixes the problem, it is possible there is a physical fault with the ISY or the SD card inside the iSY.     Technical support may be your best option.

Hi :-)

Kevin: ok îll try this.

Stusview: like i said earlier, only part of the program. In that case the door lock is not working in the first program (was ok before i update a program for my water leak sensor that is completely not related to that one) and it is ok on the second program. As you can see the command for locking the door is the same on both program and the rest of the program that won't work for locking the door, is working well.

Thank you

Archived