8-Button mini remote - can't connect...

Andrew

Hi all-

I've searched high and low and followed different procedures, but cannot seem to link up my remote:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LIH2Y8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've followed the directions found here.

And here.

I am able to control my Insteon switches directly, using the remote, without any issues.

So... what am I missing? Probably something easy, but you never know...

Make sure you have factory reset the beast before anything to do with ISY linking.

Factory.

You will have to have it close to a dual band Insteon device and in the linking mode. Then take it out if linking mode when done.

Make sure you reboot admin console as it can time out with no indication except no updates for anything, without any warning.

What happens when after you put the remote in linking mode and tell the ISY to add it?

If you want us to help you then you need to describe in great detail what you are doing and what happens.

Asking 21 questions and giving one little answer at a time doesn't help us help you.

I'm Gary Funk and I approved this message.

1. Press and hold the Set Button at the base of the RemoteLinc2 until the LED starts flashing green (takes about 3 seconds)
  • The Insteon address is on a sticker on the back of the RemoteLinc2.

After the nodes are added to the ISY press the set button on the RL2 twice to quit linking mode.

There is something missing here, but I assume it would just be telling us to enter the address, without dashes, because with dashes, as printed, it returns an error that the address is not formatted correctly; nonetheless, I enter the address, and nothing happens.

Further, after pressing the set button twice, the green light only flashes differently; it doesn't seem to quit linking mode.

What happens when after you put the remote in linking mode and tell the ISY to add it?

If you want us to help you then you need to describe in great detail what you are doing and what happens.

Asking 21 questions and giving one little answer at a time doesn't help us help you.

I'm Gary Funk and I approved this message.

Archived