RemoteLinc 2440 Problems

I have a new ISY 994i/IR Pro and two old RemoteLinc 2440's one of which I can't get to show up in the console and the other which I can't get to function properly after managing to get it to show up.

For RemoteLinc1 I've tried a number of the tricks in the forums (new batteries, close to PLM, close to dual band, etc.) and it just can't communicate (Insteon Engine error)

For RemoteLinc2, I finally got it to show up, but none of the buttons show a status (box is blank).  I included it in a scene as a controller for 3 lights and it won't trigger the scene, but it will Brighten and Dim the lights simultaneously if I hold the 2440 switch 4 in the up or down position. 

What can I do - I need the basic functionality of at least one of them to justify the cost of the ISY?   THANKS in advance for any suggestions...

The 2440 requires that you place the remote as far from the PLM as possible, but within range of a dual-band device. I found that sometimes 40' or more from the PLM worked, but usually 25-30' is enough.

I'm confused, the 2440 is not a Remotelinc2.

Thanks for the prompt response.  I have two separate RemoteLinc units, which I have dubbed RemoteLinc1 and RemoteLinc2.

Is the remote placement required to get the 2440 to hook up to the ISY or to get it to work to properly trigger the scene (or both :wink:  THANKS again...

Thanks for the prompt response.  I have two separate RemoteLinc units, which I have dubbed RemoteLinc1 and RemoteLinc2.

Is the remote placement required to get the 2440 to hook up to the ISY or to get it to work to properly trigger the scene (or both :wink:  THANKS again...

The longer distance is to avoid the RF jamming that people suspect is happening from the 2413S PLM.

Archived