Compare ISY to Device Links Table

zerop

I would start by right clicking on that device in the device tree and performing a "Restore Device"... be aware that if wireless devices are part of the scene, each one must be visited and put in linking mode, one at a time until the 0101 icons are gone.

Repeat the compare. If its not addressed, post the output of the compare here

Paul

I would start by right clicking on that device in the device tree and performing a "Restore Device"... be aware that if wireless devices are part of the scene, each one must be visited and put in linking mode, one at a time until the 0101 icons are gone.

Repeat the compare. If its not addressed, post the output of the compare here

Paul

Could you expand on some of this a bit more...?

If I right click on a device and "restore device" what are you talking about scenes for?  Do you mean if there is a wireless device in a scene in which the device I'm trying to restore is also a part of that scene then I have to put that wireless device into linking mode?

Also, what is this 0101 icon you speak of?

Links in devices are the physical expression of scenes, that's how they work. Since the ISY manages links in the device tree, it is the "source of truth" of how the network should look. Devices can lose link info sometimes, and the link compare exposes any differences. (Just last night I had to restore device to fix an issue for something that has worked for many years)

'Restore device' reprograms the links that compose the scenes. Yes, if there is a wireless device in the scene you have pull them and put them in linking mode, one at a time, unfortunately.

After you do a 'restore device', the 0101 icon will appear next to devices that the ISY could not update... in this scenario, the wireless devices in the scene that haven't been put into linking mode to accept their reprogramming will show a green 0101 icon.

If the "Restore Devices" is difficult, post the compare report you have so we can look at it.

Paul

Archived