Open/door and Motion sensor problems

cfoliaco

Hi everyone,

I just change my Insteon HUB to an ISY 994iZW+PLM. I have linked the Open/close and Motion sensors. They are working fine but sometimes it lose communication specially with heartbeat and dusk.dawn nodes. Can not query them but at least the dusk.dawn work fine since the bulb doesn't turn on when there's full light in room, at night it does.

Can't see them neither on mobilinc app nor Admin Console

What could be happening?

What is the heartbeat node for?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I just change my Insteon HUB to an ISY 994iZW+PLM. I have linked the Open/close and Motion sensors. They are working fine but sometimes it lose communication specially with heartbeat and dusk.dawn nodes. Can not query them but at least the dusk.dawn work fine since the bulb doesn't turn on when there's full light in room, at night it does.

What could be happening?

Thanks

1. Best practice is to complete a hard reset of all Insteon devices before you add them to the ISY Series Controller. Even if you select delete all existing links that has no relations to a factory reset. Which brings the device to a known good working state and ensures any half links, programming, and default options are set.

2. Have you confirmed your Insteon network is properly bridged / coupled using the 4 tap beacon test as outlined in the full users manual?

3. Heart Beat: This node offers a round about way to inform you that device is with in RF distance to another hardwired device. It also tells you the battery is working within its defined voltage levels. 

4. You can not query a battery operated device as it goes to sleep to conserve power.

Hi everyone,

What could be happening?

Thanks

Battery operated devices can only be queried when they're in the linking mode. This is to save battery life

If you switched over to the ISY from the HUB it probably best to factory reset the devices before you link them to the ISY. This will remove any old data left over from the HUB

The heartbeat node sends out a signal once every 24 hours to let you know that the batteries haven't failed and that the unit is communicating with the ISY. You can write a program to notify you if the heatbeat signal fails.

When adding your battery operated devices to the ISY only one device at a time can be in the linking mode. The devices must be added using the add new device option in the ISY.

All RF only devices require that a dual band device be within RF range in order to capture the signal

Thanks both.

Now I'm thinking to perform a hard reset and check the bridging.

What about the dusk.dawn node? Could be related to an existing link or something else?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks both.

What about the dusk.dawn node? Could be related to an existing link or something else?

Thanks both.

Archived