For Z-Wave devices you can use the variable:

${sys.node.#.name} // Device Name

Battery Level is ${sys.node.#.BATLVL} // Current Battery Level

For Insteon devices you can use the variable:

${sys.node.#.name} // Device Name
Low Battery state is ${sys.node.#.ST} // The state of the low battery node

If you're running 5.X (Alpha) it will report 0% for OFF and 100% for ON

Hi Gary

Check this link. Depending how your program is set up, you can substitute the name for the address

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-994i_Series:EMail_and_Networking_Substitution_Variables#Device_Variables_and_Properties

I have a program for each battery device and type the text I want into the notification. Depending how many you have, that may not be workable.

Paul

Information Only: Various Insteon EDOC's indicate the battery percentage can be obtained and displayed to the controller. I am unsure why this important piece of information is never displayed even when its clearly printed as being available for use.

• 1 month later...

Here is an example

Battery Motion Sensor Driveway - [ID 001A][Parent 0019]

If
        Control (Old) 'Zystem / Battery Alerts / Driveway Motion-Sensor-Low Ba' is switched On

Then
        Resource 'Pushover ISY Log - Driveway MS Battery'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

It says "Control (Old)" because I am V5.04... If you are on V4, use "Control". 

Paul

Here is an example

Battery Motion Sensor Driveway - [ID 001A][Parent 0019]

If
        Control (Old) 'Zystem / Battery Alerts / Driveway Motion-Sensor-Low Ba' is switched On

Then
        Resource 'Pushover ISY Log - Driveway MS Battery'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

It says "Control (Old)" because I am V5.04... If you are on V4, use "Control". 

Paul

Hi Paul..

Just wondering.. are you using resource because it is a 99i? 

Thanks,

Stan

Hi Stan

No, I've only owned a 994i.  The resource is used because over time I changed from using text/email notifications (which I believe the 99i supports) to the Pushover notification app. It integrates all messages as a single log, or organized in groups (HVAC, Sprinkler, Alarm, garage, etc notifications). I communicate with Pushover via the internet using a REST API call that can only be done via a Network resource

Paul

Hi Stan

No, I've only owned a 994i.  The resource is used because over time I changed from using text/email notifications (which I believe the 99i supports) to the Pushover notification app. It integrates all messages as a single log, or organized in groups (HVAC, Sprinkler, Alarm, garage, etc notifications). I communicate with Pushover via the internet user a REST API call that can only be done via a Network resource

Paul

Hey Paul,

Wow.. OK..  I am soo behind .. just when I think I'm getting a handle on some things something new with options and features like this bubbles up and my mind must know more. Guess I just have to keep spending time here reading & searching for a long while :) .. 

Best,

Stan

Hey Paul,

Wow.. OK..  I am soo behind .. just when I think I'm getting a handle on some things something new with options and features like this bubbles up and my mind must know more. Guess I just have to keep spending time here reading & searching for a long while :) .. 

Best,

Stan

Stan

I watched others use it, spent some time learning it and gradually switching over. The good news is that its all the same alert programs in my ISY, Its a matter of where I send a notification.

You can look at the pushover app and decide if you like it. There are a number of competing apps as well. Here is the 'how to' from the wiki

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:Networking:Mobile_Notification

Paul

Stan

I watched others use it, spent some time learning it and gradually switching over. The good news is that its all the same alert programs in my ISY, Its a matter of where I send a notification.

You can look at the pushover app and decide if you like it. There are a number of competing apps as well. Here is the 'how to' from the wiki

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:Networking:Mobile_Notification

Paul

Thanks again Paul..

Was looking at the apps but looking at setting up the ISY seems more complex. I was just looking into it under resources and tried to see if the manual provided some insight on configuring but looked like it just gave app info. I'll do a little more homework but very interested in this if I can get instant notices and separate from email. Sometimes that gets overwhelming and don't want to see it mixed in with my normal mail.

Best,

Stan

Thanks again Paul..

Was looking at the apps but looking at setting up the ISY seems more complex. I was just looking into it under resources and tried to see if the manual provided some insight on configuring but looked like it just gave app info. I'll do a little more homework but very interested in this if I can get instant notices and separate from email. Sometimes that gets overwhelming and don't want to see it mixed in with my normal mail.

Best,

Stan

Stan

That's exactly why I did it. When I used email I'd have outlook.com file the messages in special folders, but then there was not an easy way to see all log activities in event order. The app has special notification sounds for different messages. It took some patience for the first one.. but after you get the first one figured out, the remaining ones are copy and paste, more or less.

Paul 

Archived