ELK Outputs

James Peterson

The original is displayed above the custom name. Or are you referring to the list view?

In the third image, I cannot see the original output name... The custom name box only contains the custom name.... I don't see 'Output ###' anywhere.

But yes, I mean both. Having the original name of the output shown Smalley and less prominently would be helpful to be, but also may clutter the display for others... Possibly an optional display?

In the third image, I cannot see the original output name... The custom name box only contains the custom name.... I don't see 'Output ###' anywhere.

But yes, I mean both. Having the original name of the output shown Smalley and less prominently would be helpful to be, but also may clutter the display for others... Possibly an optional display?

That's because the images were taken with only the original name (the name from Elk) and the code to use a second name has not been developed.

I'm Gary Funk and I wrote this message.

Ah...  Thats just a screenshot of a different output.  

OK.  I'll get that on the listview as well. 

Yes, also curious. Seems that those would all be the same thing.

Momentary would be a press and hold . As long as the button is pressed the output would be on. When you released the output would shut off.

Maybe I should rename it to autooff. The check box enabled the timer delay to turn the output off after the specified amount of time. The timeout button(also could be renamed) displays the pop-up to enter the autooff delay timer .

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Would you consider something like this?

I am conflicted.  I think having a second "on" button will confuse what button to use.  I can see adding the timeout time to the screen, and rewording the "timeout" to "set timeout", but the "On Timeout" or any equivalent wording on another button might confuse what is happening.  

thoughts

Archived