Trigger a program when a scene is turned off

rleist

In a room a I have a 2486D keypad that is in six button mode and the 4 middle buttons are all in toggle mode. The main lights in the room are operated on by the top button and off by the bottom butoon. Then there are 3 lamp modules that are toggled on/off with buttons A, B, and C. Button D is a toggle on/off for all 4 lights, but I have it set up as a default off. Button D turns on when any combination of the other 4 lights are turned on. A program triggers based on the status of the 4 lights and turns on a scene I call "Toggle D" with only the D button a member of as a responder. There is another program that turns scene "Toggle D" off if the control from the 4 lights goes off and the status of all 4 is off. I found that triggering "Toggle D" scene off just on the 4 light statuses not to very reliable. Then there is a scene for the whole room with button D as the controller and all the other buttons and lamp modules as responders.

This works well except in a situation where something else besides button D turns off the room scene. The light for button D initially turns off, but because scene "Toggle D" is still on, button D turns back on.

Is there any way to trigger a program when a scene is turned off (i.e. from Echo or from a mobile app), so to have it turn off another scene?

Toggle D on - [ID 0007][Parent 0001]

If
        Status  'Floor Lamp' >= 1%
     Or Status  'East Lamp' >= 1%
     Or Status  'West Lamp' >= 1%
     Or Status  'Overhead Lights' >= 1%

Then
        Set Scene 'Toggle D' On

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')
Toggle D off new - [ID 0011][Parent 0001]

If
        Control 'Overhead Lights' is switched Off
     Or Control 'Family Room A switch' is switched Off
     Or Control 'Family Room B switch' is switched Off
     Or Control 'Family Room C switch' is switched Off
    And (
             Status  'Overhead Lights' is Off
         And Status  'Family Room A switch' is Off
         And Status  'Family Room B switch' is Off
         And Status  'Family Room C switch' is Off
        )

Then
        Set Scene 'Toggle D' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Thanks,

Rob

This works well except in a situation where something else besides button D turns off the room scene. The light for button D initially turns off, but because scene "Toggle D" is still on, button D turns back on.

I think I am loosing track of your scenes.  You say something turns off the "room" scene, but "toggleD" scene is still on?  I don't see how both can be true.  If the "room" scene includes all all three lamp modules, button D, and the main button, would not turning off the room scene, by default, turn off the toggleD scene also?

A scene cannot control a scene nor can a scene trigger a program. Although you can turn a scene on or off, the scene does not have a state (device can be turned off when a scene is turned on). However, the can use the sate of devices in a scene to trigger a program.

If there's more than on device in the scene then, depending on what you want, use AND for all the devices or use OR for any one device.

It is a controller in the room scene.

With the ISY, a controller device is, by default, a responder device also.  Given this, if something turned off the room scene, I would expect button D to be off, since it is part (controller, you say) of the room scene.

Did you use the ISY to create these scenes, or did you do it manually via the devices set buttons?

To add to what others said, if you want to keep things mostly as they are, you already have a program to turn D on. It could turn it off too.

If
  Status  'Overhead Lights' is On
  Or Status  'Family Room A switch' is On
  Or Status  'Family Room B switch' is On
  Or Status  'Family Room C switch' is On

Then
        Set Scene 'Toggle D' On

Else
        Set Scene 'Toggle D' Off

Archived