Echo-milights-insteon-lutron help needed

baabm

I have my isy controlling about 90% of the lights in the house using various insteon switches, dimmers,and KPLs. I have recently added an Amazon echo and bought the network module for the ISY and can control many of these things via the echo. I also just enclosed my lanai and installed 8 lutron shades with the lutron caseta smartbridge pro which allows me to control the shades via an app on my iphone. ( I haven't tried to control the shade from the ISY using the network resource cause the instructions in the wiki and in other threads are too cryptic. I sent away for some MI-lights and a controller and remote but apparently they are literally on a slow boat from China - expected to be delivered sometime within the next month. I plan to put these in the lanai to replace some existing high hat bulbs which are currently controlled by an insteon dimmer and ISY. Whew. So my questions are: When I get the MI-LIGHTs, should I leave the insteon dimmer to turn them on or off or 1)remove the switch entirely (leaving them powered on all the time) since I think it might be controllable from the ISY through the MI-LIGHT controller or 2) should I replace the insteon dimmer with a lutron dimmer (which I already have) making the whole room lutron controlled? Or is there something else I should consider. I am struggling with "if the MI-LIGHTs are on a switch (insteon or lutron) AND have their own controller, then in the ISY, do I have to turn on the switch, then issue the color commands?"

At some point I will probably ask for help integrating the lutron into the ISY because the Lutron app doesn't do all the things that I'd like, but that's much farther downstream. Thanks

Do you meant that you purchased the portal (which includes the network module) or did you buy just the network module? Are any of your Lutron devices Z-Wave or are the Lutron propriety?

I purchased the portal. And my lutron shades are lutron proprietary, not z-wave. But there is a section of the wiki that talks about integrating with the lutron hub...its just that its not a detailed description of what to do, so I don't know how to implement what it is telling me. Thanks

I have my isy controlling about 90% of the lights in the house using various insteon switches, dimmers,and KPLs. I have recently added an Amazon echo and bought the network module for the ISY and can control many of these things via the echo. I also just enclosed my lanai and installed 8 lutron shades with the lutron caseta smartbridge pro which allows me to control the shades via an app on my iphone. ( I haven't tried to control the shade from the ISY using the network resource cause the instructions in the wiki and in other threads are too cryptic. I sent away for some MI-lights and a controller and remote but apparently they are literally on a slow boat from China - expected to be delivered sometime within the next month. I plan to put these in the lanai to replace some existing high hat bulbs which are currently controlled by an insteon dimmer and ISY. Whew. So my questions are: When I get the MI-LIGHTs, should I leave the insteon dimmer to turn them on or off or 1)remove the switch entirely (leaving them powered on all the time) since I think it might be controllable from the ISY through the MI-LIGHT controller or 2) should I replace the insteon dimmer with a lutron dimmer (which I already have) making the whole room lutron controlled? Or is there something else I should consider. I am struggling with "if the MI-LIGHTs are on a switch (insteon or lutron) AND have their own controller, then in the ISY, do I have to turn on the switch, then issue the color commands?"

At some point I will probably ask for help integrating the lutron into the ISY because the Lutron app doesn't do all the things that I'd like, but that's much farther downstream. Thanks

I don't think MiLights will work. PM @larryllix he can set you straight he has some. We have been moving to the Ledenet Magic UFO controllers. Search the forum for RGBW controller threads.

Archived