Iolinc to run hvac booster fan

diggler

Yes, if it's an Insteon thermostat and Insteon outlet. But the thermostat can directly control the outlet. An I/O Linc is not needed.

Found the insteon wireless thermostat for cheap. What if i used that as a stand alone temp sensor not hooked up to anything. That would controll whatever i have linked to it, or does it need to be hooked up to hvac equipment.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The Insteon Wireless Thermostat is not connected to the HVAC wiring. It uses Insteon RF linked to another Insteon Module.

It is 2 AA Cell battery operated or there is an optional 5 volt DC wall wart made for it.

HVAC control voltages are normally 24 Volts AC and not for the wireless thermostat power requirements.

The Insteon Wireless Thermostat is not connected to the HVAC wiring. It uses Insteon RF linked to another Insteon Module.

It is 2 AA Cell battery operated or there is an optional 5 volt DC wall wart made for it.

HVAC control voltages are normally 24 Volts AC and not for the wireless thermostat power requirements.

I thought the wallwart was not available any more.

Either way, it is fairly cheap and easy to cut the plug off an old 5v cell phone charger (microUSB?)  and strip the wires. Leave the batteries in for backup but use good quality cells that don't leak.

The Insteon wireless thermostat can be linked as a controller of any Insteon device. It is unnecessary to link it to a wired system. In fact. linking the wireless thermostat to an HVAC limits what and how you can control other devices.

The Insteon wireless thermostat can be linked as a controller of any Insteon device. It is unnecessary to link it to a wired system. In fact. linking the wireless thermostat to an HVAC limits what and how you can control other devices.

Thats what i was hoping. For the price they are going for im gonna order one. Set it up in the room to control an appliancelinc for a booster duct fan and a ceiling exhaust fan.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Archived