Help programming ISY?

Hi guys total newbie here. Sorry if I give too much info here. I am running a small system here 8 devices total. I have an ISY994I with a dull band P.L.M.  I was running on the basic Insteion hub, that has been removed. I also have an Amazon echo and two echo dots.  I have all the devices working via the Echo’s.

I do have few basic programming questions.  (I am not a programmer! But I do wish to learn.)  The first being, I have the Insteon 240 load controller running my pool pump. It works via the echo ad I have also added two very basic programs to the ISY one says if it is 10:30 am turn the pump on. The other says if it is 4:00 pm turn the pump off. I am thinking there is a better way to do this?  Some kind of = to not = to?

But I have no clue.  Also I have the Morning industry door lock I would like to write a program to open and close so I can access it via the echo’s.  I understand the liability involved in this but I am disabled and live alone. So I need the option to allow access in the event of an emergency.  I have tried using a “scene” but that seems hit or miss. Are there any examples of basic programming I might look at?

Thank you all very much. And again sorry if I added to much info.

Sincerely

Tony

I dont know whether it is "better" but, yes, it can be done in a single progrem. In general, the form is:

If

Time is from X

To Y

Then

Do what you wan at time X

Else

Do what you want at time Y.

Exact verbiage is created for you, obviously, when you select the options from the options presented.

I am only a tinkerer with the echo, so I will refrain from offering any advice on that front, with the morninglinc.

Hay thanks man! That is so cool! Now I only have one program to run my pool pump!

As fare as the door lock goes i can handle the echo side of it Just the programing logic i have no clue on.

Pool pump works grate thought!

Thanks!

My reply has nothing to do with your specific ask but wanted to offer this incredible service which links to the Amazon Echo: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/18824-ask-my-buddy-anyone-using-it/?hl=%2Bask+%2Bbuddy As you noted having some mobility issues this is something that I truly believes offers that extra layer of security and protection. 

I do not use that app as i do not txt much. please delete your post as i do not wish my thread to get off topic.

thank you

As fare as the door lock goes i can handle the echo side of it Just the programing logic i have no clue on.

I guess it depends on what the echo can do, however.  Can it control devices directly?  Can it control scenes?  (A program may not even be required.)  Can it initiate a program path?  Which spoken commands do you want to use and have confidence you can remember and speak when in distress?  Answers to these questions can drive a solution.

Another thing I wonder about is whether the echo has direct access to the Morninglinc.  If not, then a program probably IS required.

It has been a while since I used the morninglinc.  Does "OFF" always lock the device?  Does "ON" always unlock?  Or vice versa?

If you create an echo task to run a program, I assume you would chose the THEN path, which would be little more than:

if

nothing

then

set morninglinc off

else

nothing

I have it working now Thanks, The lock i have does not report its status, so I have to use two programs one to lock and one to unlock. but it works. so I am happy. 

i am sure as i learn more this will improve.

Thanks man.

I do not use that app as i do not txt much. please delete your post as i do not wish my thread to get off topic.

thank you

Texting has nothing to do with the Echo skill that Teken posted. With that skill, if at any time you need assistance and are not ambulatory, then you only need to use your voice and several people that you choose will get a phone call on their cell phone or landline or both (your choice) telling them that you need help.

Back to the topic. Shown below is how you could use one program for the pump:

If

From    10:30:00AM

To       4:00:00PM (same day)

Then

Set 'Pump' On

Else

Set 'Pump' Off

I have it working now Thanks, The lock i have does not report its status, so I have to use two programs one to lock and one to unlock. but it works. so I am happy. 

i am sure as i learn more this will improve.

Thanks man.

You can use one program for the lock, too. If you ask Alexa to turn the spoken you used for the program On, the THEN will run. ELSE will run if you tell Alexa to turn the spoken Off.

If

- No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then

Set 'Lock' On

Else

Set 'Lock' Off

Archived