All Programs On vs All Devices On?

I've read a bit about this "all on" phenomenon that some users have described. Luckily I've only had it happen once (couple years ago on a different PLM).

Tonight I had something similar happen; but more bizarre.

Between 6:54 and 6:58 a large number of devices turned on.

All were Insteon devices, none were Zwave.

Strange part is that when I checked the log it listed all of the devices as being turned on by Program; and each in triplicate followed by three device queries on each.

In the ISY Admin console, when I look at the Programs overview screen I see that the "last ran" field is just blank for a number of programs that I know ran earlier in the day. The ones that do show they just ran (at the event) are programs that only have Zwave or notifications and variables - no Insteon devices. Also, some of the devices that turned on aren't even included in any program.

Any ideas here?

Check your configuration screen for the Catch-up Schedule and time. If your ISY re-booted it may have executed a bunch of programs as part of the catch-up schedule, especially if the time frame is large.

Check your configuration screen for the Catch-up Schedule and time. If your ISY re-booted it may have executed a bunch of programs as part of the catch-up schedule, especially if the time frame is large.

Nope.  Not set to catch up.  No programs are set to run at startup.

Not all of the devices that turned on are included in programs; and not all of those in programs were turned on.

I've had several All On phenomena. None turned on a program or scene, only devices.

I don't think the programs were actually turned on.  Especially since some of the devices aren't even in a program.  But the events were logged that way.

When you had the "All On" was it truly ALL?  There were just a couple of mine that didn't turn on.

Archived