Notification mail settings!

keribi

I was usuig Gmail and Verizon text for notifications for years and it seems Verizon has cut me off from using Vtext from Gmail.  Anyone else have this problem?  So I am trying to use Outlook.com  email for notifications because there is no push service with gmail only fetch (every 15 min) or manually fetch. (would like to receive notifications quickly).  Tried all settings for Outlook mail servers with no luck and failed test msgs. Any help would be appreciated.

post-231-0-67414400-1483900225_thumb.jpg

I was usuig Gmail and Verizon text for notifications for years and it seems Verizon has cut me off from using Vtext from Gmail. Anyone else have this problem? So I am trying to use Outlook.com email for notifications because there is no push service with gmail only fetch (every 15 min) or manually fetch. (would like to receive notifications quickly). Tried all settings for Outlook mail servers with no luck and failed test msgs. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using iOS? If so you can install the GMAIL app you will get notifications instantly when you get email. The gmail app pushes new emails where as the Apple Mail app fetches. I just sent myself a test message and got a iOS notification from the Gmail app within 10 seconds or so. Maybe give that a try?

Yes I am using a iphone 6+  will try that thanks!   Still wondering why Vtext quit working? It was nice to get text msgs from the ISY.  I need to call Verizon and ask why I was cut off. I also read a online post that said Vtext may see msgs from the ISY as spam and filter them.

Have you tried sending to @vzwpix instead of @vtext? I'm using it and it works pretty well for me. Can also send pictures to that address

If neither work I would call Verizon. I've had to do that on occasion. When it works it works, but sometimes they need to be reminded that people use these, it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived