Looking for Zwave advice

Strebe

I purchased my ISY994i Pro many years ago before I fully understood Zwave and Zigbee. I got my Pro with Zigbee which I do not use. It is my understanding that I can not remove Zigbee from my ISY and replace it with a Zwave radio. I love my ISY and probably have over 75 Insteon and X10 devices but I would now like to experiment with Zwave. So, looking for advice on how to move forward with integrating Zwave into my current environment. Do I purchase a SmartThings hub and integrate it into my ISY with IFTTT or do I buy another ISY with Zwave. If I get another ISY what does that look like? Can I use both ISY devices together or do I need to replace my current one? If I can use both at the same time do I need another PLM? Can one ISY see the variables/devices/etc from a different ISY? I'd like to mess with a new battery door sensor, the GE Z-Wave Plus Hinge Pin Smart Door Sensor and understand that Zwave is a mesh network so I should add a couple of powered Zwave devices. If I can use two ISY devices and hook this hinge up to my second ISY I'd like to be able to say that if the door sensor on ISY 2 is activated to trigger a lamp on ISY 1. Not sure if this is possible. Thanks for reading this really long post :-)

Oberkc is correct

You can update your current ISY, I went from Zwave to Zigbee ZS for smart meter. UDI had to do a one time admin change on the back end. I would submit a ticket with a link your post above,... use "Contact us"

You'll have to open the ISY and swap cards, but its fairly straight forward.

https://www.universal-devices.com/udi-support/

Paul

Thanks to both of you. I'll take a look. I believe my exact model is ISY994iZ/IR PRO. I haven't opened it yet but my believe was I do not have a useable slot but that the Zigbee radio is soldered on.

Oberkc is correct

You can update your current ISY, I went from Zwave to Zigbee ZS for smart meter. UDI had to do a one time admin change on the back end. I would submit a ticket with a link your post above,... use "Contact us"

You'll have to open the ISY and swap cards, but its fairly straight forward.

https://www.universal-devices.com/udi-support/

Paul

Archived