Repairing an IOLinc!

Would anyone know how to get the schematics to an IOLinc. I have one I just replaced but I would like to try and fix the one I have. If I was to have the schematics, I know I can fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Robert

Brian usually finds schematics on the US Patent Registry website.

But like every other device they should be taken with a grain of salt as most are not the actual product they produce or are way out of date. The USPO doesn't check technical details and they don't even offer QA.

Since the I/OLinc is power line only. It will not be in the FCC Database.

The schematics and parts lists maybe part of the FCC certification but are not available for public access.

I believe each vendor can restrict what is made public. As other companies allow them to have the parts lists and schematics for all to see. Smatlabs does not.

I have not seen any schematics of the I/OLinc.

Any obvious symptoms like dead or only one function working?

I always suspect power supply capacitors in Insteon devices. They all seem to use off brand ones in their modules.

The earlier designed Insteon modules. Also had a 30 volt Zener Diode that would short or the PCB got so warm it sometimes fell off.

I did find a replacement that seems to be working in a 2456S3 hardware 4.1 one I replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived