new motion sensor model available for pre order

rabbit1543

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing this link for Motion Sensor. Could please share more feedback about this unit or test video link...

I know the specs are listed in the website but understand people like seeing a picture instead.

4c983930094720c8f9b2c2a57d782c3f.jpg

The unit has two mounting options one using double-sided tape the other using a fixed mount.

d7e1fdcd5d64ad1a3630983937f8be9c.jpg

dafb2dfca1a6eac249c18a0b2d7c533c.jpg

This is just an example where the double-sided tape would be affixed to the sensor.

846589ca6aad1e1df81216de5324dc23.jpg

This new release also incorporates a tamper pin.

fc2c92bacf380ca2668598607066896a.jpg

The removable door at the bottom has the white pin which engages the tamper position sensor.

130e5f7c75df719bbabe3a80237a011c.jpg

As noted by others this new sensor can be powered by a USB connector besides using the A123 battery cell.

1cb70f4e622db7e677ab20e8ea835eee.jpg

This new motion sensor has many new features and attributes that surpass the old one. Once the API is published and fully implemented you will see the great features that have been laying in wait!

Any word on if this new motion sensor is configurable with the ISY yet?  I need to get a new MS and wondering if I need to find an old stock item or if I can proceed with this new device 2844-222?

If and when the new motion sensor is supported it will be in the 5.XX firmware. Not in the 4.XX firmware branch unfortunately. 

I did a quick search.

There are a few Amazon Store merchants. That are showing the 2842-222 Motion Sensors.

Though I have had very mixed results. As I have gotten DOA and brand new modules from a refurbished sale.

Sometimes Smarthome has some in the Refurbished area. With the Retail or standard part numbers.

Down side. 30 day warranty exchange only if a defective one is found.

Thanks, 

I'm not near a Menards but my father is and he goes there all the time.  I'll see if he can track one down.  Most of the online places seem to be out of stock except if I want to pay $60/each which is a bit extreme.

Don't ever move to Canada - You'll see extreme then!

• 2 weeks later...

One of the reviews on the Smarthome sales page. Indicated the USB cable you can power it. Needed a 90 degree USB side to properly fit into the case and have the cover go back on.

Smarthome sells a cable with the 90 degree offset and it is sold as the USB Cable for the Motion sensor.

http://www.smarthome.com/usb-power-cable-for-insteon-motion-sensor.html

Brian, nice find, thanks. It's on my list.

If you use the sensor indoors, then can leave the back off and use any USB charger :)

Archived