Light switch not turning off? Turns on through sensor?

RichTJ99

Hi,

I am using a program with two motions sensors in the garage.  The idea is it is an occupancy sensor.  

If either sensor is turned on, the light should turn on for 20 minutes then shut off.

Now it will turn on without issue but it will never turn off.  If i use the web interface it turns off no problem.  Is there something obvious wrong with the program?

Here is the program:

Garage 1+2 Motion - [ID 00C0][Parent 0010]

If
        Status  'Main Garage sensor1-Sensor' is On
     Or Status  'Main Garage sensor2-Sensor' is On

Then
        Send Notification to 'Rich Email' content 'Garage Bay 1-2 Motion'
        Set 'Main: Garage Interior New' On
        Wait  15 seconds
        Set 'Main: Garage Interior New' On
        Wait  20 minutes 
        Set 'Main: Garage Interior New' Off
        Wait  15 seconds
        Set 'Main: Garage Interior New' Fast Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

If one of the motion sensors turns off before the other, the program will trigger again and start the 20:15 minute wait all over again. So you could be waiting for up to 40 minutes for the lights to turn off. Both motion sensors would have to turn off at exactly the same time to do what you want, which is likely impossible.

Take out one of the sensors in the "if" statement to test if that is what's happening.

Each time either MS sends an "On" signal the timer restarts. Sending an Off should have no effect on the program. In any case, try using using "Contol" instead of "Status" and set the MS's to send on "On" only.

I think the problem is that the ISY re-evaluates the IF statement before executing the statement after the Wait command (it will go down the Else path) . I think you can split it into two programs. Or maybe turn it off on the else path, but I prefer to not use the else path very often.

IF

Motion triggered

THEN

Turn on lights

Send notification

Run "2nd program" then path

2nd program

THEN

WAIT 20 minutes

Turn off lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived