Alexa issue with State Variables

smithlevenson

So I am having Trouble with Alexa. She turns on devices fine, but is having trouble with State Variables. I followed the following directions:

• Log into ISY Portal (my.isy.io), click on My Profile at the top right corner
  • Choose your ISY from Preferred ISY drop down
  • Click on Link this profile to an Amazon account
  • Under Select Tool choose Connectivity | Amazon Echo and enter mappings between your devices, scenes, programs, and state variables to their associated and desired spoken names
  • Login to the Echo app
  • Click on the Smart Home menu item on the left navigation bar
  • Under Your Smart Home Skills, click on Get More Smart Home Skills
  • Search for ISY
  • Click the Enable button next to ISY Optimized for Smart Home V2
  • Click on the Smart Home menu item on the left navigation bar again make sure ISY Optimized for Smart Home shows up under Your Smart Home Skills
  • Click on Discover Devices. This will bring in all the devices you have created a mapping for in your ISY Portal
  • Please note that every time you change spoken fields, you must redo the previous step  

The State Variables are showing up as devices in the Alexa App as "Test". When I tell Alexa to "Tell Izzy to turn Test on". She responds with "I am unable to turn on the statevar test" (confirmed in the app). The State Variable in ISY is ALEXATEST and in the portal it is set to Off-0 and On-1, spoken word Test. I am a little confused and can't find anything else about this problem. Hopefully someone else has had this problem.

So I am having Trouble with Alexa. She turns on devices fine, but is having trouble with State Variables. I followed the following directions:

• Log into ISY Portal (my.isy.io), click on My Profile at the top right corner
  • Choose your ISY from Preferred ISY drop down
  • Click on Link this profile to an Amazon account
  • Under Select Tool choose Connectivity | Amazon Echo and enter mappings between your devices, scenes, programs, and state variables to their associated and desired spoken names
  • Login to the Echo app
  • Click on the Smart Home menu item on the left navigation bar
  • Under Your Smart Home Skills, click on Get More Smart Home Skills
  • Search for ISY
  • Click the Enable button next to ISY Optimized for Smart Home V2
  • Click on the Smart Home menu item on the left navigation bar again make sure ISY Optimized for Smart Home shows up under Your Smart Home Skills
  • Click on Discover Devices. This will bring in all the devices you have created a mapping for in your ISY Portal
  • Please note that every time you change spoken fields, you must redo the previous step  

The State Variables are showing up as devices in the Alexa App as "Test". When I tell Alexa to "Tell Izzy to turn Test on". She responds with "I am unable to turn on the statevar test" (confirmed in the app). The State Variable in ISY is ALEXATEST and in the portal it is set to Off-0 and On-1, spoken word Test. I am a little confused and can't find anything else about this problem. Hopefully someone else has had this problem.

Can you confirm what you are saying to Alexa?

Is it:

1. "Alexa, tell izzy to turn on test"? (This is for the ISY skill)

2. "Alexa, turn on test"? (This is for the smart home skill)

These are 2 totally different things.

The error message that you get seems to refer to the custom skill (option 1).

Try option 2.

Benoit

Archived