Scene Delays with I/O Linc & MS

sdynak

Hi Guys/Gals..

Looking for the best and quickest way to trigger a I/O Linc off a MS. I have been using a program to do it but learned there are a few seconds processing delays by choosing to do it this way so I made a scene and added the I/O as a responder and the MS as a controller. The result seems to be worse where the MS triggers (set up a email alert just to verify) but there is a delay or no activation for the I/O Linc at times and seems more so when the activation is successive or repeatedly one after another.

This leads to my question is there some kind of delay built into the ISY or I/O that would cause this? I use this to open a automatic door and sometimes you need to do it quickly in a short period of time. Finding myself waiting and waving to get things to work. I ran a scene test and it seems ok but do see the MS comes up as "ignore".. Not 100% sure if that is expected. 

I do have other scenes that operate with MS as a controller and togglelincs to turn on lights and that seems to be fast and very consistent. Leads me to believe or think that something with the I/O Linc in this config doesn't work the way I expect it to. If making a program is the best way it is fine just have to deal with the minor delays but it does seem more consistent that way.

Thanks in advance as always for our input..

Best,
Stan

Hi Stan

It's a scene and should work immediately. My back floodlights are triggered by  an ms, plus 3 keypad keys... all work immediately.  I also have a keypad key that operate an iolinc for my garage door.. again it's immediately.

My guess is that the ms rf signal from the ms does not have a clear path to the iolinc and the pause is due to consuming hops and retransmission A range extender might be needed

Paulo

Thanks Paulo.. If it were a RF issue would it be to the ISY first? Just to ensure the MS was actually working I set up a email alert at activation. That works 100% of the time and I get emails but no I/O sometimes or is very delayed. I am positive the RF to the ISY is good for sure. I have my other scent right next to this for my lights using a MS and it is flawless. That is why I was wondering if anyone had a I/O Linc triggered by a MS in a scene and if they experience a similar thing. I can operate the I/O from the ISY flawlessly also. Just seems they don't play well together in a scene. Anything you could think of to isolate a RF issue let me know. I brought the MS into the same room to go over settings as my ISY & PLM and it acted similar. I could get the MS to activate but no I/O linc trigger at times or delayed. 

Much appreciated

Best,

Stan

Stan-

In  a scene, the ISY configures the scene initially, but is not an active player in scene execution when one device is linked directly to another... eg the ISY is not a cause. What you listed indicates that the MS can be seen by the ISY, but not the iolinc. And keep in mind that the iolinc is single band powerline only, at least the older ones are.  

In my case, I have 2 iolincs in my garage. I would occasionally get messages that one could not be reached. I put an Access Point (in today;s world, Range Extenders are used instead... same idea) in my garage with line-of-site to dual band switches in the house. That was the end of it. I'm thinking the iolinc is at the end of a long circuit and not getting reach, and/or there is noise on the line wherever the iolinc is

Paul

Makes sense Paul.. I thought that was the intention of putting in a scene but was not sure the ISY was not involved at all given it was linked through that.. Funny thing is the MS & I/O are literally on opposite sides of the wall together,., why the I/O are not DB is beyond me.. Even the new ones are not right? As I just got 2 refurb units delivered this AM maybe worth trying.

Again.. much appreciated to keep me from going bonkers looking in the ISY!

Best,

Stan 

Thats why I put the caveat in there :-P . The old ones are single band only for sure, i would look at the manual for your model... At the risk of tempting fate, its amazing my old ones haven't died given the environment.. attic and detached garage.

If you have a lamplic or something db, just plug it temporarily onn the circuit with the iolinc to test what happens.

Paul 

I do have a lamplinc I'm not using I got for a similar issue a little while back and not needed there anymore.. I'll give that a go and report back.. These Autoslide doors are really cool for my 3 dogs and integrating into the ISY. What a life changer for me and them.. well my whole family :).. 

All I/O Lincs are powerline only. It may help to plug a Range Extender into the I/O Linc pass-through outlet.

Thank you.. I put a lamplinc directly into one of the I/O's I have in the same circuit. To me it still seems questionable.. when I see how the switchlinc works in a scene with a MS it is not even a question. Lights come on instantly. With the I/O it really seems there is something ignored at times. Almost like there is a wait period although I know there isn't anywhere as it will work sharply at time. I can see the led flash like there are communications but sometimes it just doesn't trigger. Sometimes it is quick and instant. I set both the scene and program for now so I know it will work one way or another and will do some additional testing as time permits. 

Archived