Strange behavior w/ both Echo and MobilLinc

ravedog

So last few days I'm having some weird connection problems. With Alexa, I can turn devices off but not on. With mobilinc, the same thing but only with devices that are dimmable or scenes that contain dimmable devices. Only off. To get them to turn on, I can double tap the icon for fast on (full bright) but single tap doesn't work. It's the strangest thing. Any ideas?

Follow up. Well things were working so well that I never thought to check to see what version I was running. So Java? Update. ISY? Yep - was on 4.5.1 - updated to 4.5.4. Check. Now commands are working for both Alexa and Mobilinc. Silly me.... Strange though, no?

Repeat after me.... "updates are good.... not to be feared..."

Hope you don't mind my posting in this thread. I made the mistake (newbie) of assuming that the Mobilinc Portal would work with the Amazon Echo but discovered after buying the Mobilinc portal that it does not. I had it disabled, and followed the instructions to connect directly to ISY using the trial version of Mobilinc... worked like a charm. After a brief while I decided to continue to sue Mobilinc and bought Mobilinc Pro. However when I uninstalled lite and installed pro, using the same log in set up, no soap, would not work. So, I uninstalled Pro, rebooted by ISYand my router and cleared the Java cache, reinstalled Pro, and now I get an error message. The error message says Mobilinc is unable to connect to your lighting controller.

ISY is online.

Any ideas why it worked with lite and not with Pro?

UPDATE: I tried uninstalling Mobilinc Pro, and rebooting my phone, reinstalling Mobilinc Pro ...and ....voila, it worked. I think it somehow was a cache issue.from my initial use of the lite version In case anyone runs into something similar. And thanks  stusviews (see below post) for the heads up about Mobilinc and Wes, I checked their site and he does appear very responsive and helpul.

Archived