Scene Issue with KPL and OutetLinc v.42

memphis2k

Hello all,

I have an OutletLinc v.42 (2473) that is turning ON when a scene is enabled by pressing on a KPL button (set to ON) however, it is programmed inside that scene to stay off.  ISY994i v4.5.4

Aaron's Display Lights = OutetLinc v.42

What happens:

**Aaron's Display Lights is Off**

--Press KPL button for Aaron's Bedtime (ON)

----Aaron's Display Lights turns on  <--- incorrect

--Press KPL button for Aaron's Bedtime (OFF)

----Aaron's Display Lights turns off

-Same goes for Master Bedroom All Off KPL Scene...

-in the KPL scenes, I turn on the KPL Button via the scene (so the button lights up)

Aaron's Display Lights is in the following scenes:

--Aaron's Bedtime (KPL All Off Scene)

--Master Bedroom (KPL All Off Scene)

--All Off

--All Lights Off

--All Lights On

----TEST (see below)

What I have done so far....

I did create a "TEST" scene with just the "Aaron's Display Lights" inside it, that one performs correct, and never turns on - when the scene is turned on OR off.  I have deleted/re-added "Aaron's Display Lights" from Aaron's Bedtime - same result.  Have lots of programs, network resources and around 40 devices & no Zwave devices yet... and I'm puzzled by this.

Any thoughts?

1. Does it happen only when you press the KPL button, or also when you activate the scene from the ISY administrative console?

2. If only when you press the KPL button, did you forget to copy scene attributes to the button? (maybe there is some old scene programmed for the button?)

3. Disable all of your programs and see if it still happens.

4. Restore device

Select the scene. Ensure that the OutletLinc is set to off. Select the OutletLinc within the scene, ensure that the setting is off there, also.

BTW, it the scene is for Off only, change the button to non-toggle Off (options). Then it won't matter what level the OutletLinc is set to.

1. Does it happen only when you press the KPL button, or also when you activate the scene from the ISY administrative console?

2. If only when you press the KPL button, did you forget to copy scene attributes to the button? (maybe there is some old scene programmed for the button?)

3. Disable all of your programs and see if it still happens.

4. Restore device

It was #2.   I forgot about the KPL Button ASIDE from the Scene itself.  Thanks a million and the fast reply!

Archived