Range Extender (2992) Compatible w/PowerLinc (2413S)?

kbeaulieu

I have a pretty simple question:

For the range issues I'm experiencing with my Insteon Open/Close RF sensors, will a range extender (2992-222) work with my PowerLinc (2413S)?  If not, what are my options for extending the range?  

I have two open/close sensors on the first floor of a three-floor plus full basement residential building - one on the front exterior door and one on the back exterior door.  Both sensors are installed on the inside of the doors and my PowerLinc is on the second floor, closer to the front door.  The front exterior door is wood, has a wooden frame and has an intermittent signal with my PowerLinc.  The back door has an intermittent signal until it's physically attached to the door, which is aluminium (or steel?) with an aluminum (or steel) frame, which I assume is interfering with the signal.  

I'm guessing I'm in for two range extenders, which is fine, I just want to be certain I'm purchasing the right device for my setup.

Range Extender would be fine. I found mine was actually a 2457D2 LampLinc with the dimmer parts not installed.

As pointed out. Some of us have gotten LampLinc modules or On/Off Modules to do our RF receiving and coupling. So if we have a need for the presently unused output. We have it and don't have to get a new module.

Archived