Trouble With Scenes

kpldd23

I am sure I am doing something wrong or, don't have something programmed correctly so, I am hoping this is a simple fix.  First, I tried signing up for bitbucket.org but, so far I have not received the email to verify my email address.

More importantly, I have a 6-button controller.  I have scenes programmed on three of the buttons (a simple fan-high, fan- medium, and fan-low).  When any of those scenes are active on the controller, Agave shows all of them on.  Conversely, turning a scene off in Agave, turns them all off.  Turning the scene on or off in Agave, turns the LED on the controller on or off but, the fan does not follow the appropriate scene (on or off).

I am sure I am doing something wrong or, don't have something programmed correctly so, I am hoping this is a simple fix.  First, I tried signing up for bitbucket.org but, so far I have not received the email to verify my email address.

More importantly, I have a 6-button controller.  I have scenes programmed on three of the buttons (a simple fan-high, fan- medium, and fan-low).  When any of those scenes are active on the controller, Agave shows all of them on.  Conversely, turning a scene off in Agave, turns them all off.  Turning the scene on or off in Agave, turns the LED on the controller on or off but, the fan does not follow the appropriate scene (on or off).

I am not the one to take advise when it comes to setting up scenes, but this is how I would do what you are asking:  See first two screenshots.

In Agave, make sure the responders are all ignored in each scene.  You can set the ignore by long pressing the selected device in the members section.  I have a mass exclusion feature, but it appears that I have broken that.  I will have it fixed in the next release.  

In ISY, make sure that the keypad keys are set to 0 for the ones that are not in use and the fan motor to the appropriate level for the action keypad button. 

This should provide the appropriate functionality you are looking for.  

FYI: I have fanlinc native support within Agave : see last screenshot:

post-4839-0-55704600-1488688682_thumb.png

post-4839-0-91380700-1488688694_thumb.png

post-4839-0-46681900-1488689003_thumb.png

What James says is all correct. Just​ make sure to have the scene selected when setting the responder levels in the admin console. The controllers can have their own on levels that can be different than the scene.

Also, as James mentioned, there really isn't a reason to use the scene in Agave is there? Since it does such a great job of displaying a fanlinc.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I finally got the opportunity to implement your suggestions.  I did not realize that the FanLinc was a "hidden" device that is not added to the ISY in the same fashion as a light switch (a little better documentation on how to add that to the ISY would have been helpful here).  Once I got the FanLinc added, you are right, Agave is really good at handling the fan functions directly.  Thank you for the solution.

Ignoring the responders in each scene has fixed my problems.  Thank you for your quick response.  Looking forward to adding many more devices to this app and my home.

Archived