Remotely execute pressing set button on FanLinc?

flmmkr

This might be a strange question.  I have an ISY994izw that I got recently.  I have 7 FanLincs installed in the ceiling fan mounts in my house.  I have a Hub Pro that I want to set up alongside the ISY so I can use Siri on our iPhones and my Apple Watch to control lights and fans around the house.  Someone just found that it works more reliably when you add devices to HomeKit by using the set buttons to manually add them rather than the Insteon+ app.  Is there a way to remotely press the Set button using the ISY so I don't have dismount the fans?  Thanks for helping. 

Yes, unfortunately attempting to add the devices with the 6 digit hardware address with Insteon+ causes it to not work properly.  It's an issue with the Insteon+ app.  We found that adding devices with the Set button and completely avoiding the Insteon+ app makes the devices work properly in the Home app and the Apple Watch, so I'm hoping there's a way to remotely press the Set button per se with an ISY, basically remotely invoking whatever the set button does without physically pressing the set button or typing in the 6-digit hardware address.

That's not what I was asking.  I already have the FanLinc working with the ISY.  I'm asking if there's a way to invoke the Set button remotely from the ISY for adding it to the Hub Pro.  Typing the hardware address into Insteon+ (which is specifically for the Hub Pro) doesn't work properly due to an issue with the Insteon+ app.

That's not what I was asking.  I already have the FanLinc working with the ISY.  I'm asking if there's a way to invoke the Set button remotely from the ISY for adding it to the Hub Pro.  Typing the hardware address into Insteon+ (which is specifically for the Hub Pro) doesn't work properly due to an issue with the Insteon+ app.

Sorry I misunderstood what you were asking in this case, no.

A ISY cannot program a Hub, Homeseer cannot program an ISY. A 2242 Hub can't even program a 2245 Hub. And a 2243 Hub is in a world of its own. Anything else could pose a security risk B)

I wasn't asking for the ISY to program a Hub Pro for me, or do anything at all with a Hub Pro or Hub 2.  I was asking for the ISY to remotely press and hold the Set button for me.  Two different things.  Just like the ISY could remotely press button A on a KeyPad Dimmer for me, I'd like it to press and hold the Set button on a FanLinc.

The ISY cannot press and/or hold any button at all. The ISY can remotely cause button A to send an on or off via a scene (because the ISY itself behaves as a scene controller). The ISY can also change the state of the button LED without sending any signal.

Archived