Can't connect to ELK console

little66085

I am not able to access the ELK portal from ISY. It opens a website, but says "site can't be reached" "xxx.xxx.x.x refused to connect". I know it is something stupid, but I can't figure it out! Thanks, everyone!

Not sure what you mean by 'ELK Portal'. Elk removed the java based console from the M1XEP with version 2 of the firmware.

little66085,

I would start with the basics.

If you  are on the same sub net as the M1XEP:

1.) Can you ping the IP interface of the M1XEP?

a.) If you can then open ElkRP2 then click on the M1XEP button in the lower right corner and finally select the TCP/IP Settings tab. Now verify that the non-secure port check box is enabled / checked.

b.) If you can't then open ElkRP2 and click the Find button located on the Introduction page. This should show what IP Address the M1XEP is currently using. You can then follow step 1a to change it or simply setup ISY admin to match the IP address and port number listed.

2.) Open ISY admin and select the configuration tab at the top, Now select Elk and then the configuration tab for Elk.it's right next to Export. You should now verify that the IP address for the Elk matches the device IP address you saw in ElkRP2. Also verify that the Port number is set to the same value as in ElkRP2 (Default is 2101.) The access code should be set to one of the 4 or 6 digit access codes assigned to uses on your Elk alarm. These three fields are the only three that need to contain entries. Everything else should be blank.

If you are on a different sub net than the M1XEP:

1.) Can you ping the external interface?

a.) If you cannot then contact your service provider and have them walk you through getting your internet working again.

2.) If you can then open your router's admin page and verify that you have port 2101 (default M1XEP non-secure port) port forwarded to the IP address of the M1XEP.

a.) If you don't know the IP address see step 1 for M1XEP on the same sub net.

Once you have this confirmed let us know what you find and we can move forward.

post-344-0-21993200-1489366166_thumb.jpg

post-344-0-73576500-1489367600_thumb.jpg

Archived