ISY994i can't monitor OutletLinc

MeDoISY

I need to know when an OutletLinc is turned on or off.

When I try to create a program in the ISY, there is no Control statement to see when the OutletLinc is switched on.

Is there something I missed, or am I out of luck.

What model of outlet do you have? Older single band? Dual band dimmer vs dual band dual outlet relay? For the latter you have two options *Status vs Control* both will offer different selections from on, off, responding, fast on, fast off, etc.

Thanks for the info.  I guess I'll be switching out any plain old OutletLincs for the (2663-222) Outlets wherever I need to.

Kinda seems like overkill, but the old OutletLinc units can still be used in other places.

I already had to change an OutletLinc v.38 because it automagically turns off at Query time (3AM).

Thanks, again.

Thanks, teken. I will not need to check now. I will, however, check the dimmer outlet (I have one).

Looking forward to your feedback on that specific unit. I've considered buying a few of the dimmer outlets to remove that *Wall Wart* look on the walls. But, given most of them are behind a piece of furniture and using the latest exterior design housings its not a big deal in terms of looks.

Is it safe to say the dimmer version also doesn't make a click sound like the relay version? 

Just a side note on this thread.

I changed the OutletLinc to a Dual Outlet On/Off unit.

The reason for monitoring the Outlet is to update the ISY status when the Outlet is switched on via the HUB.

Just my way of having my cake and eating it too.

The Program watches for Control On and then does a Query of the Outlet.

Doesn't seem to work! Why doesn't the ISY see the Outlet switched on?

Just a side note on this thread.

I changed the OutletLinc to a Dual Outlet On/Off unit.

The reason for monitoring the Outlet is to update the ISY status when the Outlet is switched on via the HUB.

Just my way of having my cake and eating it too.

The Program watches for Control On and then does a Query of the Outlet.

Doesn't seem to work! Why doesn't the ISY see the Outlet switched on?

I'm not sure I follow what your saying here? Do you in fact have (2) home automation controllers in your home?

If so why? If the the HUB II activated the outlet why would you expect the ISY Series Controller to know that?

Agree with Teken.  Control statements are limited to when a device is switched on locally.  (In the case of an outletlinc...by the little button or load sensing.)  A device changing status as a result of scene response from a controller unkown to the ISY...I would not expect that to work.

When the HUB was released, I got all taken in by the hype and expected wonderful things to happen.

Now that I have one, it would be good to use it somehow.

I was just hoping to use the Hub app on my wife's Iphone to allow her access to a limited number of Insteon devices.

The theory was to see what she did and bring the ISY in line.

I thought that an ON command sent through the lines,or via RF, was repeated throughout the house.

That command should be available to something listening, a PLM maybe, then trigger an ISY program.

I tend to over-think these things, but sometimes I succeed.

I recall the saying

LIFE: Each day work toward progress, not perfection . . .

I progress a lot but perfection is slow coming.

LOL  . . .

RE: Status you can always use the *Query* to obtain the last known state of said devices. But this is very much a work around and band aid in having the ISY Series Controller know and have control over said hardware. Craft a program to query the outlet and based on that state do X vs Y whether it be send you an email, change a state variable, etc.

Many complain of the lack of security for insteon. Can you imagine how bad it really would be if all devices heard and responded to all other devices, regardless of whether they were linked together?

I think we should be glad that one must go through the linking process before things worked together. I certainly makes it harder for someone outside the house to take control of things.

Both he Dual On/Off Outlet (2663-222) and the OutletLinc Dimmer (2742D) can be used as a scene controller and also as a program trigger. Either Control or Status will work as a trigger. The latter device does click, but no nearly as loud as an On/Off SwitchLinc or KPL.

The latter device does click, but no nearly as loud as an On/Off SwitchLinc or KPL.

Based upon my device, it clicks about as loud as a lamplinc dimmer (which, in my mind, is not for any practical purpose.)  If one gets really close, perhaps there is something audible to some, but...no... I would describe it as not clicking at all.

Yours must be different than mine.

Based upon my device, it clicks about as loud as a lamplinc dimmer (which, in my mind, is not for any practical purpose.)  If one gets really close, perhaps there is something audible to some, but...no... I would describe it as not clicking at all.

Yours must be different than mine.

Probably not. I only mentioned that it was not as loud as the On/Off SwitchLinc or KPL.

Archived