Keypadlinc will not retain LED levels

GQuack

Greetings, I am now in the process of installing many Insteon devices after a new house build. I've successfully created three scenes to control a fanlinc (low, medium, high speed) via an 8 button keypad, however the LED lights on the keypad are not cooperating. I set the LED brightness for both on and off levels for the main keypad device which successfully propagates through the other 7 keys. Everything looks great, LED lights are on or off as expected but when I push any of the three keypad buttons for low, medium, or high speed of the fan, the keypad button lights up, the fan starts, and within 1-3 seconds the keypad button for that scene turns dark. I return to the ISY admin screen and see the LED brightness for on and off levels I just set are back to zero for both. Within each of the three scenes, the controller button on level is set to 100% while the other buttons are set at 0%. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for any help.

I know of nothing native in the insteon switch that would cause this.

Given the apparent broad confusion about some of the program actions associated with adjusting ON and OFF levels, I cannot help but wonder if you have a program that is being triggered by some of your fan buttons.  Is this possible? 

If you are unsure, open your admin panel and view the program list.  Have someone initiate of of the fan scenes and see if any program reacts.

Completed the second room with the exact same configuration as the first. Everything is working as expected. Press the respective key for low, medium, or high fan speed, the correlating keypad button lights up, fan goes to the appropriate speed, keypad light stays on until pressed again.

Confirmed the first room is not behaving in that fashion. Press the key, keypad button lights up, fan goes to the appropriate speed, and then the keypad button light turns off. Necessary to reset the led levels on the keypad from the SY to get the led button lights to come on again.

In my mind pointing to a bad keypad device in the first room. Any other opinions?

Are all the KeypadLincs the same hardware and firmware revision?

If they are brand new. Did you factory reset then first?

As we sometimes see test links in factory new modules. Not removed before the factory shipped them.

Many here have learned to always do a factory reset on any new modules we purchased.

The keypads are brand new, didn't check the versions, not sure how that would explain the issue. The hard reset is a good tip, need to do that for every device moving forward. Have now done that for the keypad in question, no change in behavior.

Next will be to replace the keypad with a different one and try again.

Archived