Noisy radio

wwat

Hi,

Ever since I installed the Insteon system I noticed that my bedside clock radio puts out a lot of static noise. If I turn the radio 90 deg it almost goes away. The other night I was listening to the radio and the reception was perfect, then I turned off the beside lamplink light using the remote link and the static noise started up straight away and didn't stop until the radio was turned off an hour later.

I can understand a radio problem when the remote link is pressed and until the signals stop getting sent but this continued on for an hour later.

Does anyone know whats going on here and how to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hi Brian,

Thanks for that info. The bigger question I have is that the radio was not making a noise before pressing the Remotelink button even though it was pointed in the original direction. After pressing the button there was alot of static that remained for the whole time I was listening to the radio. I purposely didn't turn it around to see if the noise was going to stop.

I would expect the noise to continue only while the RemoteLink and Access Points are transmitting but that is not the case. And the fact the radio was working perfectly prior to pressing the button was interesting.

Wayne

Hi Brian,

Thanks for that info. The bigger question I have is that the radio was not making a noise before pressing the Remotelink button even though it was pointed in the original direction. After pressing the button there was alot of static that remained for the whole time I was listening to the radio. I purposely didn't turn it around to see if the noise was going to stop.

I would expect the noise to continue only while the RemoteLink and Access Points are transmitting but that is not the case. And the fact the radio was working perfectly prior to pressing the button was interesting.

Wayne

I would have to suspect the LampLinc. There could be something wrong with the dimmer circuitry. Certainly the remote would not keep broadcasting noise for an hour, the batteries would wear out.

Rand

Archived